Boss RC-20 questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I have one on the way, and had a few questions. Mainly, this is just a toy for me to play with at home, but I may also use it live for samples of whatever. I have read you need the extension switch to go through the recorded loops (without bending down to do it by hand) and was curious what switch was needed for this?

Also, if I record samples all on one loop, will I be able to pause in the middle of the loop, then resume playing where it left off?

Thanks in advance, and sorry I am too impatient to wait for it to see for myself :)

2. 1.) the boss FS-5U i believe, with that you can go through the loops foreward, not backwards (you can only go 1,2,3,4, rather that 1,2,3,2,1)

as for pausing, no you can only start the loop over again.

unless you are talking about the XL, which is different i believe.
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    The new FS-6 dual footswitch that came out the past month is supposed to allow you to go up with one pedal and down with the other, or you can use two FS-5Us for it. Also, you can get an additional FS-5U to attach to the reverse function so you can control it hands-free.
  4. up with one pedal and down with the other? thats really possible with the rc-20? i didn't know that...