Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb and Delay

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassist31588, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Excellent condition. I havent given it more than 6-10 hours of use. So I'm asking 100+ shipping. It's a nice unit, but I have no reasonable use for it other than recording guitar tracks on with my 4 track, but my 4-track is down right now and I need money for a new Bass cab for my hartke 3500. Excellent Reverb and up to 2 seconds of delay. This is a nice pedal, like I said, I have no practical use for this on bass and I bought this when I thought that pedals would increase my skills.

If interested just respond. I'll send you contact info.

2. I'm interested in it - can you post a photo?

(I already have 2 delays, but I'm interested in the reverb side of it.)

3. yeah, if you dont have the boss delay, this RV-3 may replace the delay pedals you currently have. This is the ****, only 2 seconds of delay, but its very fine-tunable. However the reverb is good stuff also, it makes up for the short delay time! I mean this isnt a loops station, but it does its job. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it well, unlike the crappier ZOOM stuff I've played through. BOSS pedals are really great. If you want to do this by email if you prefer, my email adress is Sebek31588@cox.net. I'm sorry I don't have pictures at the moment, but it's getting late and my digi camera doesn't work well at night with just indoor lighting ironically. I'll get some posted up tommorow after school though. I don't have the original AC adapter, but that was an 'optional' purchase. However I do have a Walmart deal that lets you change the voltage specs and a variety of different pins and it kicks ass. I'll include that when i ship if you are still interested. Drop me an email if you want.

4. pictures below

5. Is there any chance you could put up a clip or two of the reverb sound?

(I know, I'm being pushy:oops:, but I am interested in it, very)

6. My computer doesn't have such a great mic so none of the sound gets through without distorting; same deal when I try running my 4-track into the line in to get some clips on my harddrive - distortion. I'll see what I can do about finding some online clips.:meh: Maybe Boss has it on their website, I know carvin put sound clips of their R600 Cyclopse ;)

7. I can't find any clips... I'll see about getting somethiign recorded this week, but my schedule is a bit tite this week, I have next week and this friday off so that would probably be the ebst time for any transaction anyways. Stay posted man!:)

8. I'll hang on, I'm looking for a decent reverb pedal, all that's available new round here is the Digitech one, and I'm none too impressed with it.

9. cool man, all I need is less than a week to get my **** together and record.;)

10. :cool:

11. hey parrott,
    sorry, it's been a bit hectic around here lately; and honestly I can't get any of my gear down here to record due to the quality of what it's going to be recorded 'with'.

I can't help you out much with recordings because every time in the past where I tried it was all distortion anyways, so sorry about that. If there's anything else you'd like to know about the unit, I'm more than happy to help you out. Basically it's a functional pedal, so if you can find a new one anywhere to test out that may be the ebst deal. This is in excellent condition, a little dusty between the knobs and that sticker with the code sticker on the side that won't peel off. Other than that its in excellent condition; but it eats your batteries up like crazy! So I'd reccomend using it with an AC adapter, which I will supply you with if you decide to purchase.

12. yeah, stay away from that Digitech stuff. I've never liked much of their pedals, same goes with DOD.

However, BOSS is the boss when it comes to pedals:)

13. You've got PM.