Boss RV-3 vs. Boss DD-7 vs. Line 6 Echo Park

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kwesi, Mar 7, 2010.

1. I actually made another thread similar to this but I've narrowed down my choices so I wanted to get some more feedback. Mods feel free to delete the other thread should you feel that that this is excessive in any way :).

So I'm still trying to get pedals for my exponentially expanding board (you guys weren't kidding about the pedal game being addictive) and like distortion pedals, I'm now looking at a type of effect that I never thought I'd want: a digital delay. I've actually already purchased an Echo Park because I got a great deal but looking at the Boss RV-3 I think it may be exactly what I'm looking for. And I included the DD-7 because it just seems to have a lot of fans around here.

I'm after something subtle, not huge delay or super spacey sounds (well maybe here and there) just something to and a little air to tone and make it more moody and atmospheric when I hit it. I figured a combination of reverb and delay could pull this off perfectly hence the inclusion of the RV-3. But the Echo Park and DD-7 seem to be so fully featured I figured that somehow they have some setting that would give me want I wanted.

This video is actually my point of reference with a little more or less of the effect depending on what I'm playing:

I didn't add a poll because people tend to vote but not give their thoughts on why and I like the "why" :).

2. G0rilla

G0rilla

Feb 1, 2008
    Latvia, Riga
    Making ears bleed since 1989
    Look at his feet. Line6 DL-4. Probably that could be too much for you, so i guess echopark is best choice for you, however, i recomend you to try different delays before choosing "one and only", because they all sound different from each other, and sometimes one cant give you effect that other can.

3. When in the vid did you see a DL-4? In an interview her said that he uses a TC Electronics Vintage delay. Either way those aren't really options for me because of power supply and size. I want to try different delays but I'm not sure where I could (living at college without a car) so I'm just looking for opinions so I can do the whole buy & try thing.

4. G0rilla

G0rilla

Feb 1, 2008
    Latvia, Riga
    Making ears bleed since 1989
    Check out 1:11 and 1:58. Kill me if that is not Line6 :D
    And also i mentioned he uses some expression pedal, probably for amount of repeats.

5. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    i've tried all 3 of these delays at one point and have chosen the RV-3. It has reverb/delay/stereo and it is just good stuff. I use this for my digital clean repats and a RE-20 Space Echo for that warm tape goodness!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021