Boss Slow Gear effect anywhere else?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eli, Nov 26, 2002.

1. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I really like the Boss "Slow Gear" effect of volume swell on every note, but as they're rare, they're pretty pricey; frequently above $200 when you can find them.

I have already uncovered the Guyatone SV-2, but does anyone know of any other maker offering such a pedal? I'm not really looking for a multi-FX unit, just the volume swell.
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    hey dude.. well boss made a slow gear pedal..sometime ago..
    I think you could find it used somewhere.. i dont really use the effect that much but its cool none the less =D
    yeah its called a Boss Sg1
    also known as a reverse tape simulator
    very cool stuff.. o heres a pic of it
  3. Use the volume control.

Or, I believe that the Line6 DL4 models that. Lemme check....yeah, it does. With an echo thrown in to boot.

Sorry if that's too multi-fxy, but you do get all that other stuff on top... :)
  4. I use the "attack" knob on my BassIQ for the same effect. It is a very cool trick and is quite synthy really. My EBS is especially useful when placed after any fuzz effect because I can control the envelope unlike a "regular" EV follower that would trigger wildly under the same condition. I can get up to 2 full seconds of attack delay, just like a SV-2. I dig this sound allot.
  5. Funny, but that's bassically a ripoff of one of these...