Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Slow Gear effect anywhere else?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eli, Nov 26, 2002.

1. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I really like the Boss "Slow Gear" effect of volume swell on every note, but as they're rare, they're pretty pricey; frequently above $200 when you can find them.

I have already uncovered the Guyatone SV-2, but does anyone know of any other maker offering such a pedal? I'm not really looking for a multi-FX unit, just the volume swell.

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey dude.. well boss made a slow gear pedal..sometime ago..
    I think you could find it used somewhere.. i dont really use the effect that much but its cool none the less =D
    yeah its called a Boss Sg1
    also known as a reverse tape simulator
    very cool stuff.. o heres a pic of it

3. Use the volume control.

Or, I believe that the Line6 DL4 models that. Lemme check....yeah, it does. With an echo thrown in to boot.

Sorry if that's too multi-fxy, but you do get all that other stuff on top... :)

4. I use the "attack" knob on my BassIQ for the same effect. It is a very cool trick and is quite synthy really. My EBS is especially useful when placed after any fuzz effect because I can control the envelope unlike a "regular" EV follower that would trigger wildly under the same condition. I can get up to 2 full seconds of attack delay, just like a SV-2. I dig this sound allot.

5. Funny, but that's bassically a ripoff of one of these...

[​IMG]