Boss SYB-5 and Dunlop 105Q owners...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Martybass, Sep 19, 2005.

1. With the expression pedal attached to the SYB-5, is there any difference in the wah and the synth pedal? Are the sounds completely incomparable and all that, or are they the same essential idea, just gone about differently?

2. Please? Is it really such a stupid question?
  3. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    its not at all a stupid question, its more likely that noone knows the answer. which, in turn, is probably because not many people have an SYB-5. I did have one, but I never tried the expression pedal function with it. I remember someone posting about what was possible with the expression pedal. try a search on "syb" and "expression" together.
  4. I'm struggling with the phrasing of your question. Can you clarify?

Are you talking about comparing the SYB5 wah sound to the 105Q wah sound?

If so, my initial reaction is that they are done in an entirely different way. I mean, they're both wahs, but that's about as much as they have in common. The purists among us would dump on the SYB5 wah sound I'm sure.
  5. Well I'm trying to figure out whether its worth getting the 105Q as well, that's all. I have an SYB-5 with expression, so xan, it might have been me talking about what can be done. It's the 105Q im trying to either rule out or consider.

Sorry if the phrasing was difficult...I have a tendency to tie myself in knots grammatically lol.
  6. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    hehe ok then. well i think that the 105Q is bound to get a better wah sound than the syb. if that is enough to justify it, then get it :) i didnt buy my syb-5 for the wah sounds, i wanted it to get some unconventional synth sounds. it really depends how you use it.
  7. Well, my philosophy when it comes to effects pedals is; more is more.

Buy it, then use them both together!!! :bassist:
  8. lol, you might have a point there :p I'll take note and use that one...if you'll let me of course :D