Boss SYB-5 question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cat_saltnpepper, Apr 12, 2012.

1. cat_saltnpepper

cat_saltnpepper

Aug 15, 2004
    Toronto
    Used, tested with a battery - if it matters, Little Mark 3 and 1X12 Aguilar cab. According to previous owner, pedal worked fine and yes, he's reliable guy.

when I tested, sound was way too uneven, not much of sustain, either. no matter how I tweak it or follow the samples on youtube/web, it just sounds different and not usable.

I don't really have much experiences with synth pedal, I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. any thought or advice?:)

I tend to roll off master tone a lot and my bass has pretty low action btw.

2. Earache

Earache

Feb 3, 2012
    Denver
    Reading the manual for the Syb-5 should be mandatory.

Other than that, have patience and play around with it. Also, some of the mode wave settings are very particular concerning chords and/or single notes.

3. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    How much output does your bass have? I noticed that with lower-output basses, SYB-5 can have a very short sustain. It works much better with higher-output basses.

4. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    You have to watch how you play with it. It doesn't like string noise, harmonics, or more than one note at a time except the last 2 modes. If you have low output pick ups try a boost in front of it. Even when playing carefully(I have hot pick ups in both my basses) it still gets glitchy once in a while for me(maybe I'm not as careful as I think)but I like the glitches they make me giggle.