Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss SYB5 bass synth pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Caca de Kick, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Anyone successfully using one? I guess the stupid question is, is it even suppose to sound like a synth? I can't find a good sound in mine...it either sounds like transformers (when they're changing into robots), or electric bubbles.
    I'm trying to find sort of a Moog bass sound.

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan

That's the best thing I've ever heard anyone say about a boss synth pedal. I reckon there's more than one thread about this- try the search button.

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Actually that is one thing i noticed when I switched from the SYB-3 to SYB-5: theres a movement away from the traditional funk/phat sounding synth towards synth sounds geared towards industrial type music.

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I didnt know the bass synth could do Moog sounds. I use an SYB-3 and can produce quite a few fart/wet dump type sounds. Its a great pedal for noise effects. One thing I learned is to setup the sensivity to control the sound by how hard you hit the strings (produce a sizzle if you hit lighter, produce that deep electromusic dip with a harder attack).

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I don't have pedal, but do have the GT-6B....the synth sounds like complete ass. I think in general, Boss doesn't have it together with its synth patches/pedals.

JMHO

:)