1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss SYB5 bass synth pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Caca de Kick, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Anyone successfully using one? I guess the stupid question is, is it even suppose to sound like a synth? I can't find a good sound in mine...it either sounds like transformers (when they're changing into robots), or electric bubbles.
    I'm trying to find sort of a Moog bass sound.

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan

That's the best thing I've ever heard anyone say about a boss synth pedal. I reckon there's more than one thread about this- try the search button.

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Actually that is one thing i noticed when I switched from the SYB-3 to SYB-5: theres a movement away from the traditional funk/phat sounding synth towards synth sounds geared towards industrial type music.

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I didnt know the bass synth could do Moog sounds. I use an SYB-3 and can produce quite a few fart/wet dump type sounds. Its a great pedal for noise effects. One thing I learned is to setup the sensivity to control the sound by how hard you hit the strings (produce a sizzle if you hit lighter, produce that deep electromusic dip with a harder attack).

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I don't have pedal, but do have the GT-6B....the synth sounds like complete ass. I think in general, Boss doesn't have it together with its synth patches/pedals.

JMHO

:)