Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss TU-2 Manual/User Guide

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mgmadian, Jul 23, 2004.

1. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Anyone know where to find one of these? Got mine used w/o a manual...

2. Not sure but have you tried searching online or at the BOSS website? Thats where I'd start anyhow...
    Good Luck,

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Spanky,
    boss don't put manuals on-line at all.

Greg,
    I should have mine lying around still, I'll see if I can find it and scan it

4. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks David... I think you may have been the original source of the scanned Korg G5 manual that I have, so a belated thanks for that one, too! :D

5. Boss provides a user guide that can be downloaded from their website. The user guide includes a "mini" manual for the TU2, as well as most other Boss effects pedals. I've included the link below.

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/brochures/3791_BOSS_Guide_72.pdf

If you print the entire user guide, it will take 41 pages of paper. So, if you are able, you may want to select 2-sided printing to save paper. The info on the TU2 is on page 26 or 27 of the printing, I believe.

6. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the link... I'd seen that and it's useful for a broad overiew of their product line, but doesn't go into detail about the various modes of the TU-2, for example. Thanks anyway...

7. I realize that the info in the guide book is rather minute. Some of the other pages go into a little more detail for the other pedals, though

I have a TU2 and a manual. Is there a specific question you need help with before you are able to locate a complete manual for yourself?

8. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks again KeiBau. I do tune successfully with it (fortunately... I'd have no hope of joining Mensa if that were a problem :D), but accomplish this by hitting one of the two buttons until the tuner locks onto a note. So basically I'm fishing around until it seems to get into "Bass mode".

Which is fine... I'm just wondering what the other modes do and how to identify them. For example, what the heck is that mode where the LEDs sweep back and forth? And is one/some of these other modes better for acoustic guitar, etc.

9. If you tune in "Bass" or "Guitar" mode, the number of the string will be displayed, string 1 being the highest and string 4,5,6... being the lowest. For example, on my five string, B is number 5 and G is number 1. If you tune in "Chromatic" mode, the string letter will be displayed instead of the string number.
    The sweeping LED's can be displayed in two ways. In the "CENT" display, the LED that is lit will be further toward the left as the input pitch is flat, and further toward the right as the input pitch is sharp. The pitch is correct when the center indicator of the meter is lit.
    In the "Stream" display, the deviation of the input pitch will be shown by a flow of lights toward left or right. The lights will flow toward the left if the input pitch is flat, and toward the right if the input pitch is sharp. As the pitch deviation decreases, the flow will become slower, and the flow will stop when the pitch is correct.
    I would probably tune an accoustic guitar in "Chromatic" mode, however, "Guitar" mode works too. Note the "flat" modes by the "Guitar" and "Bass" indicators. That's for tuning a semitone or a double flat (whole step) down if you have a need to do so. I've never had the need to downtune so I don't use the feature.