Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss TU-2 pedal tuner

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Sep 25, 2005.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    OK so I've had mine for a while. Anyway, when it's on but not getting any signal it still shows notes and the LED display is going all over the place. It doesn't just sit dormant. Is that bad, does that mean its broken? It never used to do that before.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Check your plug. It may be partially pulled out. Check your battery too.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    I run it off a Dunlop Juice Box. So no battery, which plug are you talking about?

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The 1/4" plug.

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Gotcha. Well it isn't that either. Time for a new tuner.

Other than that it works fine, I know becuase I will practice with CD's and that's my main tuner. So... who knows. :meh:

6. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    check and make sure you're still in the proper mode, mine did the same thing until i realized the button had been reset while setting up for a gig.....it took me a while but i finally figured it out, and resetting the mode corrected the prolem.

dee

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    the TU-2 is VERY senesitive.. It'll try to find ht epitch off of any signal sent to it.

If I have my cable plugged in to the tuner, but not my bass, it'll catch any line noise coming into the cable.

As long as:
    1) it's still accurate
    2) it's not screwing with your tone

it's fine.

8. By freaky, do you mean Streaming setting freaky? I like that one quite a bit, the scrolling LEDs are just great.

9. Perhaps...

:confused: