Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss tu-50 rack tuner and korg tuners?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RAT TAT TAT, Dec 3, 2004.

1. does anyone have any pictures? and does anyone have one available for sale, cause i have a korg dtr 1000, and i cant seem to get it to pick up my e string when i try to bring it down to c. the string is .110 so too much flop from the string is not a problem. i tried my guitarists boss tu-2 and its amazing, but i Hate pedals. im hoping the tu 50 can be my dream tuner (seeing as how it just might be a tu-2 in rack form) Also, does the korg dtr 2000 maybe pickup lower notes than the 1000?

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    As an interim solution, you can tune the 12th fret harmonic of your C string.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    TU-50 is small. It is a half-rack space box.

4. Was it upgraded sometime in the past 20 years? :p Because that's the only one I remember, and the only one I found a picture of. In any case it's not on Roland's page.

5. thanks for replying, imma do the harmonic thing, gotta make sure its innotated perfectly first though. well thanks again!

6. I use the DTR1000 by korg and when I drop my E to C using DR's high beams .105, it reads it well. Maybe it might be something with the tuner or the volume knob isn't all the way up???? :meh:

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    The picture is correct, but it is not as large as you think it is. The TU-50, SE-50 and various other old Boss boxes are 1U tall and half of a rack wide.