1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss twin pedal volume drops

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by asherthemachine, Sep 22, 2008.

1. asherthemachine

asherthemachine

Sep 22, 2006
    so i have a dd-20 and my guitarist has the rc-20xl (the loop station, dont know exact model), and were both experiencing crazy volume drops when we kick the pedals on. lemons? or have others noticed this? also, are the trim pots and whatnot that are tweakable for these pedals? every day my respect for boss stuff dwindles....:confused: really need a solution here or were both getting rid of them. cheers

2. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    I didn´t notice any volume drop with my dd-20; I got it 2 months ago and gigged quite a few times with it.
    a friend uses the re-20, he didn´t tell me about volume drops and he is very picky about these things...
    I also don´t know about any trim pots in the dd-20, but I didn´t open it up yet...

this any help?

so are you saying the volume drops when you step on the bypass switch of the delay?

3. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    +1 I've never noticed this volume drop. I was going to say, the level *should* be adjustable for these, check for trim pots.

4. I've my dd-20 for quite a while now and after boat loads of rehearsals and gigs and even a bit of recording, never had a volume issue. If anything when its effect volume is cranked it adds a little.

Maybe a power issue? Though the dd-20 just turns itself off when its really low rather than dwindle.

5. I've never had a volume drop with my DD20 either. Is the drop with the dry signal or the delayed signal? If it's the latter, maybe cranking up the mix knob more would help?

6. asherthemachine

asherthemachine

Sep 22, 2006
    its the delay signal, and everything is up all the way, through an svt-cl. idk. i hooked it up to my microkorg, and its ok, so maybe there it will stay. anybody know anything about trim pots on em tho? im no pedal wizard, so im not about to open it up and start tweaking anything...