Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Twin Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by IcedEarthWOM, Nov 2, 2005.

1. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    I'm thinking of getting the OD-20 (for some variety to my distortion) and the EQ-20 for more control over my tone.

has anyone here used these?
    if so, reviews please :D

thanks in advance...

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I tested none of them, but :

*knowing the GEB-7 (in fact I have a GE-7B which is not much different), the EQ-20 is surely a great unit. Except for the 2nd footswitch, which would be really more interesting if it changed the patches, instead of switching between manual and memory mode...

*knowing Boss guitar distorsion units, OD-20 probably sucks.

3. This might not help - but, I have the Boss dual-delay pedal. I LOVE IT. I also have the Line 6 DL-4... I originally purchased the Boss as a backup for my Line6 & have ended up using it a lot. Smaller footprint & some crazy sounds with the ramp up/ramp down.

I have had ZERO issues with my Dual Delay pedal from Boss.

4. I love the DD-20 and CE-20 (own both), but I've never tried the two you're looking at.

That said, I had a GE-7 that was good (after being modded to make it less noisy) and some friends of mine love their OD-20s, though they're all guitarists.

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I organised for my EQ20 to be rewired. Out of the box, the left pedal turns the effect on and off, and the small select botton flicks between patches.

Mine is now the other way around, so I can change patches with my foot. This has unleashed all the power of what is an otherwise excellent EQ pedal. It's like having 11 equalisers in one (10 programable patches + whatever is on the manual sliders).

6. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    do they need/use a noise suppressor with it?

7. My friends are into using feedback as an insturment....so I'd say no.

8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Damn staright!

9. Ive got an OD-20, and I dont like it one bit, I can't seem to get a decent tone out of it at all. For what it costs you could get other better distortion pedals.

Thats just my opinion though, if I were you id go down to a music shop and try it out :)

10. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    probably will in a few months when i can afford the EQ (definatly getting that!!!)... I hate being so poor :(