Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss V-Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Nov 1, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Right I've done a search and can't find out exactly what I want, so here goes.

What are the synth sounds like? Are they similar to anything else?
    Is there anything that sounds remotely like a synthy ring modulator?
    Is there anything that sounds like a whammy as well I mean maybe the talker effect or something going up really high?

and finally is it noisy at all?

Thanks guys especially DavidMWilson who no doubt will answer this first.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    you rang? I've never tried the synth stuff on the v-wah, I completely forgot it was there to tell the truth.

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I don't use it very often, in fact I don't use the pedal itself very often because it's rather noisy to my ears when you're trying to use light distortion. I'm a little curious as to whether mine might not be in proper working order however but that's my story. I didn't think the whole synth thing was very useful, but I'm not a real fan of synth sounds anyways so it's kind of a wash. Sorry, I meant to be of more service!

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    It's ok guys thanks for letting me know. I should be going to try one today along with a line6 fm4. So I'll remind you how the synths and wierd noises are :D

Thanks

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Ok to sum up the V-wah is not good for synths sounds.

I'm not saying its a bad wah i'm just saying I don't want a hack saw to screw this screw into the wall (Wrong tool for the job)

Will start a new thread about the line 6 fm-4, come join me :p