1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss V-Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Dec 11, 2006.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I was wondering how the boss V-Wah (PW-10) sounded on bass. How does it compare to the 105Q and the Weeping Demon?

I'm looking for a strong rock wah, but I still want to preserve the low end. The reason why I chose the V-wah is because of 1) Infrared operation (no scratchy pots) and 2) 3 user-presets.

I haven't had a chance to try it out, so I don't know how it sounds, if it tone sucks, etc. So can anyone let me know if this wah is a joke or if it's the real deal?

2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I was wondering the same thing... looking through the manual, I believe they have settings to accomodate bass guitar. Looks like a fair amount of tweakability to tailor things too, though the interface doesn't look very promising..

JR

3. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Sadly, it's a very weak wah pedal on guitar or bass. There's just not enough Q to be truly expressive, and the mechanism itself feels like the travel is shorter than my 105Q.

Even the pluses (programmable, distortions, Uni-vibe etc) do not offset that it just does not cut it as a basic wah.

4. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    i liked mine, but i just got rid of it.

setting up the presets gets a little too tedious and is basically required if you plan on using the drive.

the bypass takes like 2-3 seconds when holding it back.

it's not a plug and play wah.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1. I actually traded my V-Wah in on an analog wah eventually. Then I went multi, but that's another story...

6. hervetlse

hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    I tried the 105Q, the Morley Bad Horsie (not the Weeping Demon), and i prefered the Morley over the 105Q, but when i tried the Boss PW10, i bought it cause it has a patch for bass wah, one for dunlop crybaby, one is vox wah, one is the Morley plus a "talk" wah, a univibe, and some kind of "synthy" wah.

It also have 10 OD/dist to choose from, and you can memorize 3 presets of your own (with wah+dist or wah alone or dist alone) plus the manual preset, all in all, it's way more rich in terms of sounds than the 105Q or the bad horsie that have only one sound to play with.

Hope this help.:bassist:

7. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    It certainly does! Can you post some clips of the V-wah's settings please?

I'm dying to hear them on bass ;-D

8. reviving a very old post but anyone got clips???