Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss V-wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by top028, Dec 23, 2002.

1. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    Any one try the V-wah on bass, it sounds too good to be true. I was at the valley forge guitar show and the roland rep had one. BUT the bastard wouldnt let me try it on bass. HE WAS SUCH A PRICK! It sounded really good on guitar through head phones and a roland practice amp. the tremelo was decent and the pedal sweep adjustment knob was really nice. Built like a tank. I dont want to drop $150 on it and hate it. No music stores around here will stock it.

2. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    i just got it, and so far I LOVE IT! great tonal variations, awsome presets and storage capabilities. best all around versatile vah that you can get in my opinion.

3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i recently bought the Boss Dynamic Wah AW-3.

pretty cool unit.

very useable.

how does the VWAH differ?

by the way, my band hates autowahs. i always go into Gary Willis funk mode with it.

:rolleyes:

f

4. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    fhodshon, take the big trend of amp modeling (which I would love to see die) and apply it to something usefull out of the studio. Its a wah pedal that is digitally modeled to sound like all the classic wah pedals. VOX, Crybaby, Morley etc....and it even has a univibe patch on it (leslie cab simulator) well...it just sounds too good to be true. It sounds damn good on guitar though. here....
    http://www.musictoys.com/bossvol.htm

5. arcana

arcana

Dec 23, 2002
    Finland
    Does it work with the bass? (that PW-10 V-Wah)

6. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I finnaly found a store that has one in stock. well they will have one in stock....I am hauling my rig into the store on monday to give it a try. I will keep every one posted

7. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    bought the V-wah today. $150 I dig it. In my opinion its a compromise. NOTHING else does so much in one unit. I dont think I will rely on the distortions, but its got a big muff pi emmulator that sounds good on bass. Its digital, but darn good digital the uni-v sounds really nice. That was the diciding factor. It cuts some bass out, but thats what wah pedals are supposed to do, right? It lets plenty through though and sounds decent when in bypass.

8. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    ok after having it for a couple weeks, I figured out that the "wah range" knob moves the frequency sweep, not just extends the range, kinda missleading. If you turn it down all the way, it sweeps the lower frequencies, and it actually sounds good on bass. I like the bass mix and vox wahs the best. There is also a custom mode where you can change the Q of the sweep, allowing a range of tones. again the distortion is not too usable. It just boosts the signal way too much, but there is a flat frequency boost that is a decent od if used by it self. 3 user saves. simple pedal to use after much play.