Boss VF-1 & non-Boss MIDI foot controllers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by toko42, May 12, 2003.

1. Hi,

does anyone use it with a Rocktron MidiMate or an ART Ultrafoot?

I got my VF-1 only yesterday and did flip a bit through the manual.

It isn't quite clear how non-Boss MIDI controllers can be used to send CC#s.

I want to use these to switch on and off effects (of course...) and
    that was fine with my MidiMate.

They explain only some Boss MIDI fc which is to be set up to send CC#s of "Midi-80" or something which the Rocktron clearly can't.

Any help appreciated :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

They won't make it clear since they want you to buy boss.
    Behringer has a great cheap foot controller.
  3. Probably :-(

I already own a Rocktron MidiMate and have been able to program the VF-1 so it responds to it.

Can the 4 assignable controllers be assigned to different CC#s/Footswitches/Pedals in every patch or is this a global definition?

I copied one of my patches to a different location to have access to either a MidiMate controlled one or a footswitch controlled one and after having changed the settings to footswitch the original patch had that setting, too :-(

Have to test that out because I didn't have much time and have altered the original patch, maybe...
  4. sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I have the VF 1. You can assign all 4 Targets different controller #s when selecting the MIDI as the trigger. The trick is to get your midi controller to sync to the same controller # you assigned it. You also have to program the VF 1 to do what you want it to do when the control number send out the signal (Turning effects on or off for an example)

Hopefully that helps some. You have to read the manual for the VF 1 and your MIDI controller. It took me a while to get it but I figured it out through trial and error.
  5. The Boss VF-1 and the Behringer FCB-1010
    kicks ass! I defy you to find a better
    Midi-Foot Controller for under $125.

6. stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Depends what you need though... The Behringer is way big for my need.

I went with the GFC-50 just because it was MUCH smaller and does everything I need. And you can add other controllers to it if you need.