Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss VF-1 users unite to help me....please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Jan 1, 2002.

1. I recently got my for christmas, I want to control my Repeater and the boss with one foot controller. The thing is, the Repeater's funcitons take up 30 presets(3 banks) on the footcontroller. I still have like 60 left. now the problem is, when I have it all set up and I push a button to operate the Repeater the effect on the Boss will change. Is there anyway to disengage the first 30 presets on the boss so that it will only react to the last 60 presets on my footcontroller? Sorry if this is confusing, let me know if you need clarification with anything. Thanks a lot. nate

2. You should check your controller and see if it's capable of controlling more than one MIDI channel.

The key to controlling more than 1 MIDI device is to use MIDI channels. So, the Repeater would be on channel one, and the VF-1 on channel two, or vice versa. You have to setup the channel number on the respective device itself AND on the controller.

I know the Behringer FCB-1010 can store a channel number for each preset it sends. It's the only pedal that can do this, that I know of.