1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss VF-1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SixString, Aug 5, 2002.

1. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm looknig into getting an effects rack mount and i cant seem to find a site that sells the boss VF-1. Can someone please post some info on it?

2. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    from musiaciansfriend.com:

400 effects programs (200 factory, 200 user). Perfect for guitar with its dedicated Hi-Z guitar input, COSM-based amp modeling, and chromatic guitar/bass tuner. It also is loaded with COSM-based mic modeling for vocals plus DJ/groove-oriented effects. The VF-1 is also great for keyboard, studio, and remix applications with 24-bit D/A and A/D conversion; 30-bit internal processing; category search for quick recall of patches; and coaxial output for all-digital recording. L&R 1/4" inputs and outputs for stereo processing. MIDI in/out. Half-rack size. Includes power supply.

Features:

400 effects programs (200 factory, 200 user)
    Perfect for guitar - dedicated Hi-Z guitar input, COSM-based amp modeling and chromatic guitar/bass tuner
    COSM-based mic modeling for vocals
    DJ/groove-oriented effects
    Also great for keyboard, studio, and remix applications with 24-bit D/A and A/D conversion
    30-bit internal processing
    Category search for quick recall of patches
    Coaxial output for all-digital recording
    L&R 1/4" inputs and outputs for stereo processing
    MIDI in/out
    Half-rack size

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    It's the modern day equivalent to the Boss SE-70 that I've had for about 8 years. I still like the SE-70, and considered the VF-1, but I remembered the 1/3 - 1/2 second cut in sound when changing patches with the SE-70. Not sure if the VF-1 has this (it might have seamless patching, but I went for the GT-6B instead!