Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss VF-1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SixString, Aug 5, 2002.

1. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm looknig into getting an effects rack mount and i cant seem to find a site that sells the boss VF-1. Can someone please post some info on it?

2. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    from musiaciansfriend.com:

400 effects programs (200 factory, 200 user). Perfect for guitar with its dedicated Hi-Z guitar input, COSM-based amp modeling, and chromatic guitar/bass tuner. It also is loaded with COSM-based mic modeling for vocals plus DJ/groove-oriented effects. The VF-1 is also great for keyboard, studio, and remix applications with 24-bit D/A and A/D conversion; 30-bit internal processing; category search for quick recall of patches; and coaxial output for all-digital recording. L&R 1/4" inputs and outputs for stereo processing. MIDI in/out. Half-rack size. Includes power supply.

Features:

400 effects programs (200 factory, 200 user)
    Perfect for guitar - dedicated Hi-Z guitar input, COSM-based amp modeling and chromatic guitar/bass tuner
    COSM-based mic modeling for vocals
    DJ/groove-oriented effects
    Also great for keyboard, studio, and remix applications with 24-bit D/A and A/D conversion
    30-bit internal processing
    Category search for quick recall of patches
    Coaxial output for all-digital recording
    L&R 1/4" inputs and outputs for stereo processing
    MIDI in/out
    Half-rack size

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    It's the modern day equivalent to the Boss SE-70 that I've had for about 8 years. I still like the SE-70, and considered the VF-1, but I remembered the 1/3 - 1/2 second cut in sound when changing patches with the SE-70. Not sure if the VF-1 has this (it might have seamless patching, but I went for the GT-6B instead!