1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss WAZA Tube Amp Expander?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Badmuthaplucka, Nov 15, 2018.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh I likey

zapped777 likes this.
  2. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I really wish someone would make a "bass specific" one of these already. Or does that not matter? But I really like the idea of this thing.

basscapes and Robertron like this.
  3. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    The 150W MAX might be a bad thing for bassists.

Otherwise it probably won't matter.

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Wazacraft is kind of a boss custom shop?

Is there a dedicated website?

5. Hendricks97

Hendricks97

Jan 3, 2017
    I have a katana for my guitar and love it. Boss is doing some amazing things for guitarists, but leaving us bass players out for some reason

gregmon79 likes this.
  6. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    They have def come out with more than a few cool things bass related but yes, overall, I feel the same way.

7. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    A bass version would save me from buying A ton of peripherals... Boss, please, I have money for you.

8. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    It isn't a custom shop, but it is their version if a boutique pedal. They have a limited staff that makes small batches of these pedals. The components have tighter tolerances and are of higher quality. They are very nice pedals, for sure.

gregmon79 likes this.
  9. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Thank you for this info!
    Is there a website?

10. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    California
    What is this thing? Seems similar to a Hotplate.

11. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Any word on pricing? The Katana series is very reasonably priced. Hopefully it’ll carry over to this product.

12. Hendricks97

Hendricks97

Jan 3, 2017
    It's Waza, so it probably won't be cheap

13. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    "Sounds" good, but is this thing really bringing you what it is telling, and the price. And it's kind of weird that none of the competitors have brought anything similar, yet.

14. nnnnnn

nnnnnn

Oct 27, 2018
    I've never looked for a Waza-specific website, but the Waza products are on the normal Boss website just under whatever categories the individual products belong to (stomp boxes or amps; the product in this thread is under Waza amps).

Why is that weird? Somebody has to go first, and Boss has really lifted its game over the last few years.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  15. Yeah!

As someone here already suggested- a bass-specific version would be cool.

I'm hoping that Santa (or at least, the Great Pumpkin) puts a new Waza Dimension C under the Festivus Pole!

gregmon79 likes this.
  16. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    Never really considered Boss as good. MAybe i'm wrong.

Mosfed likes this.
  17. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It looks to me like an attenuator/IR loader/multi effects unit/amp/effects loop/DI/digital interface for recording/headphone amp. It does a lot. So it appears. Def cool a$$ piece of gear for valve amp users. But again, seems geared more towards guitarists. You'd think in this day and age that Boss would've come around to the fact that bassists use a lot of this stuff too.

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Boss makes great stuff! Always been a fan. There are reasons why you see so many pro boards littered with Boss.

19. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    There are more and more things like this coming out as time goes on. Line 6 has the HX stomp which has some of the same features, Two notes, Universal Audio, there are plenty of companies doing this type of thing these days. Boss just decided to add their tech and spin to it. I think in the coming months/years you will see more of these types of things coming out.