Boss Wireless System for Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Correlli, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Just received my Boss newsletter. Boss Wireless System for pedalboards. I guess at some point, the transmitter will be built into the Bass Guitar.

BOSS - WL-50 | Wireless System 

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
  3. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Looks interesting

4. That Coyote

That Coyote

Apr 7, 2017
    Anyone seen the price tag yet?

5. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    I think around 250$ for the board version

That Coyote likes this.
  6. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    $199 for the board version. $178 for the smaller version. Claims 2.5ms of latency. Not bad.

Attached Files:

That Coyote likes this.
  7. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    I might be in the minority, but I’m not a fan of the transmitter on this or the Line 6 G10.

I much prefer a beltpack that uses a standard cable.

My 2 main basses that I use live, have different locations for their output jacks: my 6er has the traditional jack along the bottom edge, while my fretless has an angled jack in the body (strat style). I use beltpacks with effects patch cables for them. The strat style uses a standard straight end, while the 6er uses 90 degree ends. It keeps the chords out of the way while I’m playing.

These transmitters seem to be an accident waiting to happen, especially on a Strat style output jack...

crapusername likes this.
  8. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    The Line6 works just fine on a strat style guitar and I don't see it as more of a problem than a cable in the same place. Plus less to trip over.

The Line6 G10 doesn't work well with basses with preamps so I'm excited that Boss seems to have a version that will accommodate.

9. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    I'm with you, prefer a beltpack transmitter. I imagined this kind of transmitter Boss is offering would break, not when used with strat style output jack, but when used with ordinary bottom side style output jack.

Although I also imagined it can be safe kept, strapped just as a beltpack with velcro or any kind on the guitar strap, and use it with an extension cable (could be straight or right angle jack) like this:

sa-qfsmr1_1024x1024.jpg

crapusername and tfer like this.
  10. kartiste

kartiste

May 5, 2008
    I just ordered a WL-20L. Tired of stepping on cables. Fingers crossed ...

BassikLee likes this.
  11. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Any update on this yet? I'm getting tired of stepping on cables in my own living room! But the last wireless I had was a huge receiver box with a transmitter I always forgot to turn off.

12. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
  13. kartiste

kartiste

May 5, 2008
    I got a phone call today (following an email earlier) from Sweetwater saying ETA for my WL-20L is "end of July".

14. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    2.5ms latency is good, won't have any problem, how about the distance?

15. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    ^ Distance doesn't matter much, cause by 50 feet you will start hearing the delay.

honeyiscool likes this.
  16. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    I like the auxiliary input.

17. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    really? I'm happily using it for a year with 3 active basses (Aguilar, MEC and Ovation preamps) and never known it shouldn't work well. in fact, it works with my basses with preamps just perfect.

18. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    The G10 I had worked with mine too. I just got rid of it because of the USB power.

I like the new boss system. If I hadn't gone to a G70/75 rig, I'd likely get one of these.

19. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Yep. I've heard reports of people saying the G10 works fine with their preamp basses and others (like me) having poor experiences. My first G10 was terribly noisy (like a persistent squelching/buzzing noise) with all five of my basses (all with preamps). Line6 sent me another with an adapter they wanted me to run before the dongle connected to my basses. That helped a little but not enough that I would have been happy using live. So I returned the second G10.

20. TBPlayerOC

TBPlayerOC

Oct 17, 2013
    Orange, CA
    The WL-50 is in stock at Sweetwater. I ordered one Friday and it will be in my hands tomorrow. I am replacing an Fender/AKG wireless model and I will post my review of the Boss system.

BassikLee likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021