1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bossa 6 string bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Not exactly sure when this bass was made but it has been played a bunch. It's in great shape except for normal player wear (where thumb sits above the B string and below the C string from slapping). Swamp ash body, 3 pc. maple neck with an ebony fingerboard, 18 mm bridge spacing, 3 band EQ, coil tap for single coil and humbucker operation and quilt maple covers on the pickups and the headstock. Just a really nice playing and sounding 6 string. It's all stock and nice and lightweight. Only mod is that I moved the straplock on the end of the body lower. It sucks that it leaves an extra hole but it's a trick I learned a while back and makes playing 6 string necks so much easier by pulling the bottom of the bass towards your body so you don't have to reach so hard with your left hand around the neck. Just had the frets milled and crowned and a new set of DR fatbeams on it. It also has 25 frets....:eek: !!!

It has great tones. Because of PU spacing it gets a nice Smith tone in bucker mode and great jaco tone in single coil mode. Great slap tone in single coil mode with both PU's on and some bass and treble boost. I'm looking to get $1000 shipped in the lower 48 states for it. Actual shipping charges will apply elsewhere less $50 for the shipping deal mentioned above. Comes with a decent gig bag and straplocks. No trades please. Thanx.....

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    the straplock hole..........and a closeup of the body..

3. bassnutj

bassnutj

Dec 26, 2007
    Hmmm..any soundclips?

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Nope but let me try and put some together. I'll try and get some up in the next few days.

5. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I guess times are tough and I want to move this. Let's try $1200 shipped. I promise I'll get those soundclips done too.

Thanx......

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Here's a crude little webpage I set up for this bass. I'll add some more samples shortly. This is a very good sounding and playing 6 string bass and you can't find a nicer, more versatile ax for this price.:cool:

http://afabstudios.com/pages/Bossabass.html

7. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    to the webpage above.:hyper:

8. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    any neck dive? Also what's the neck width at the nut and at the 24th fret? and scale length?

9. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Actual nut width is 2 1/4", string to string is 1 7/8". At the 24th fret string to string is 3 1/8". Dimensions are center to center. 34" scale and no neck dive. Balances perfectly. Neck is pretty flat with just a touch of relief cuz I'm a pounder. Very recent fret mill and dress (about 3 months ago). Great playing bass.

10. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    what's the actual width of the fingerboard at the 24th?

11. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    at the 24th fret is 3 1/2" exactly.:cool:

12. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    OK, I'll take offers and send me some trade ideas. I want to get some cash out of the deal if I can. I'm out on the road for a couple of weeks starting next Monday. Then it goes you know where......:scowl:

13. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    email sent

14. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    :bag:

15. This is extremely tempting. And Rich, absolutely delectable note choice on the noodle.

16. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I think I used all my jazz licks twice.......:bassist:

I have one decent offer so far. It's a great bass especially for the dough. We got the bailout......NOW SPEND MONEY!!!!!

17. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    woke up too early Saturday AM bump.....................:oops:

18. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Thought I had one but haven't heard back so someone can have the bass for $1000 shipped. This price is good until Monday AM at 9am. I can ship it out that day with paypal payment. Otherwise it's back to square one. I have a 2 week trip starting Tuesday AM so I'll revisit this when I get back. This is semi-painful but I need to pay my auto insurance before I leave and I don't want to borrow the cash. PM me.

Thanx..

19. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.