Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bossa Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hexbass, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Just got one of these, and I love it! But I can't find the website for them or their distributors, any help?

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    They were a Japanese company that went out of business a couple years back. I don't know that they ever had a "distributor", because they were a small production handmade company. They are no longer in business, as far as I'm aware.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    BOSSA CO.
    c/o Soniq Trading Inc., 11657 Oxnard St., #211, North Hollywood, CA 91606, (818) 761-9260, (818) 761-9282
    E-mail: soniq@leonardo.net

4. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    ive never heard of them, you should post a pic.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Armand Sabal-Lecco, who used to play with Paul Simon (maybe still does) was an endorser of Bossa Basses.

What model do you have, Hex?

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I stand corrected! Except...how? They're out of business!

7. Thanks for all the help,

My bass is model ob-6, with a serious quilt top upgrade, here it is (photo by jon at bunnybass.com).

8. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Hexbass - your bass is a work of art! That quilted maple top must be AAAAA grade! :eek:

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Beautiful! I love Bossa Basses! I still drool over the Bossa J 5's that Josh Paul and Greg Bissonette have...definitely in my top 5. :)