"Bossa" brand bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Sep 14, 2003.

1. jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    anyone heard of this brand callled bossa ? have any info or website on the brand ?
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah they are made in Japan... and they are great basses... I had the opportunity to play a few about a year ago... The one I most enjoyed was a five string jazz style bossa... it was sweet and had such a great tone... but I ended up with an Elrick that day so i didn't get it
  3. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    YES!! Great basses, remind me of F Basses a bit, wood covers on the pups. I own a OB5, it is very versatile...

4. bvoiced

May 1, 2003
    I've owned a 4 string Bossa Bass for six years. They are very well constructed and easy to play. Light weight as well. The sound is very uncolored which is why it is so versatile. Not many folks know about them. Real sleeper bass.
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    They izz the shiznit - on par with Pedulla in terms of quality and price. Like Pedulla, though, they have really tiny bodies, so if you're a Fenderphile or a big person, watch out.
  6. I think Bass Central has 2 or 3 in stock right now.

That paint sort of makes me queasy...
  7. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Actually Hambone, that was my bass you saw....I don't think anyone really carries them anymore because the shop was destroyed in an earthquake.
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hammy, Chris is right, the one you saw at the Orlando/BC GTG was his bass, we've never had one in stock.

Chris, you still got that bass? I was VERY impressed, very nice, played and sounded great. Yours looked a bit...uh...well, garish for me personally (made me think of those goofy rainbow wigs you see at sporting events! ;)). Otherwise, very impressive, indeed.
  9. hum... if you like the bossa (as the word is originally from Brazil)I´d like you to suggest you another brazilian bass brand that will like:
    They´re called the ``Wood`` basses; they´re very versatile, and have (too) the smooth sound you might be looking for... try the web site www.woodguitars.com

But man... notice the difference is at the wood we use to do it here in Brazil; it has a lot more density, what gives the sound sustain and profoundity :bassist:
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    God's punishment ...
  11. Those Wood basses look nice! I like that Scorpion plus! How much would one go for?
  12. I´m really not sure of it, but I believe that it would be at about $2.000 in your money (is it dollars too in Canada?) :D
  13. I'm pretty much a dedicated F Bass player, but I sure wish I had my Bossa 6 back, It was sort of like a Pacific rim F-Bass, and had a gorgeous 5a quilt top, You might have seen it on Bunnybass awhile back.
  14. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    The Bossa's are really great basses. I've had a number of them through the shop. They do make you think of Fbass's, but a different voice to the instrument.

As for the brazil bass companies, D'Alegria has some killer sounding stuff. The Brazilian Exotic woods are killer, forsure!