1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bossa Fretless Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by caesarbass, Jul 18, 2005.

1. caesarbass

caesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Media producer for Nordstrand Pickups, Wilkins Basses, G&L Guitars and Basses, Marco Basses, Tonecraft Audio, Lemur Music. I also run TheBassHang.com and am a dealer for Ulyate Pickups and Colibri Basses
    Does anybody out there play a Bossa 5 string fretless? I'm thinking of getting one, tomorrow, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some firsthand gigging experience with one of these.
    Thanks.
    I've attached a pic of the bass.

Attached Files:

2. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Looks very nice. I would check to see what electronics it has and perhaps see if you can hear what it sounds like.

Bassplayer magazine recently reviewed a Bossa and gave it good marks for playability and craftsmanship, but found it to be very dark sounding -- keeping in mind their test bass was a LOT of rosewood.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    I've played a few Bossa's and they were all great basses. They use their own electronics in them which are quite good. If you can get it for a good price than I'd say you can lose.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    By the way, I checked out your playing with that Brooke Wilkes woman. Man, you can play! Very cool. I really think you'll dig that fretless.

5. thats a nice bass!

6. caesarbass

caesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Media producer for Nordstrand Pickups, Wilkins Basses, G&L Guitars and Basses, Marco Basses, Tonecraft Audio, Lemur Music. I also run TheBassHang.com and am a dealer for Ulyate Pickups and Colibri Basses
    EmJazz-Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I actually tried the Bossa out today, I dug it, but I got cold feet...the bass was $1600.00, which is a GREAT price for that bass, but I got a bit freaked out. That's a lot of dough. Also, as I was pulling around the corner to park, so I could check out the bass, I got a ticket for running a stale yellow light...maybe it's a sign. :eek: :confused: