Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bossa Fretless Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by caesarbass, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Does anybody out there play a Bossa 5 string fretless? I'm thinking of getting one, tomorrow, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some firsthand gigging experience with one of these.
    Thanks.
    I've attached a pic of the bass.

Attached Files:

2. Looks very nice. I would check to see what electronics it has and perhaps see if you can hear what it sounds like.

Bassplayer magazine recently reviewed a Bossa and gave it good marks for playability and craftsmanship, but found it to be very dark sounding -- keeping in mind their test bass was a LOT of rosewood.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've played a few Bossa's and they were all great basses. They use their own electronics in them which are quite good. If you can get it for a good price than I'd say you can lose.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    By the way, I checked out your playing with that Brooke Wilkes woman. Man, you can play! Very cool. I really think you'll dig that fretless.

5. thats a nice bass!

6. EmJazz-Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I actually tried the Bossa out today, I dug it, but I got cold feet...the bass was $1600.00, which is a GREAT price for that bass, but I got a bit freaked out. That's a lot of dough. Also, as I was pulling around the corner to park, so I could check out the bass, I got a ticket for running a stale yellow light...maybe it's a sign. :eek: :confused: