Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bossa OB-6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hexbass, May 23, 2002.

1. Almost sold this Beauty for a song, think I'll keep it. I hear the company is out of biz. any other Bossa owners out there? Mine is sorta like a Pacific-Rim F-Bass, just different

2. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    All I know is that Josh Paul used a Bossa on the latest Suicidal Tendecies record and it sounds great.

3. Partyman

Partyman Guest

May 23, 2002
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I have a 4 string Bossa and I would class it with an F-Bass....the craftsmanship and playability of these basses is second to none!!!

I was truly blessed when I was able to purchase this NOW rare find, since the company is supposedly not in existence any longer?!....

I would buy another one in a heartbeat! A true hidden jewel in all sense of the word...

Mine has the ebony fret board with abalone inlays and a transparent blue core changing into a greenish mix at the rounded edge of the bass. You can see the wood graining through the color, which is simply breathtaking.

I'm proud to be a Bossa owner and I would match this bass with any existing bass out there and surprise would be the look of the day on the challenger’s face I can assure you!!!!

Party Man
    :cool:

4. pics please :)

I'd really like to have an OB6 or OB5.

5. Partyman

Partyman Guest

May 23, 2002
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    http://bassalone.com/bossa5.html

Here is a five for sale and the only difference is mine has the greenish/blue where the darker blue on the edge is located. I believe lower end basses had a red 4 and amber 6 string available approx. A month or so ago, so check them as well my friend...I will have to get some more pictures of mine. Let me know how it goes!!!!

Party Man:cool:

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    That Bossa's one purdy plank.

7. I've had Fodera, MTD, F, Ritter, etc., and the only time I still feel like Ahab is when I hear the name "Bossa".

Some day....

8. ugh, not having money SUCKS