1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bossa OB-6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hexbass, May 23, 2002.

1. Almost sold this Beauty for a song, think I'll keep it. I hear the company is out of biz. any other Bossa owners out there? Mine is sorta like a Pacific-Rim F-Bass, just different

2. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    All I know is that Josh Paul used a Bossa on the latest Suicidal Tendecies record and it sounds great.

3. Partyman

Partyman Guest

May 23, 2002
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I have a 4 string Bossa and I would class it with an F-Bass....the craftsmanship and playability of these basses is second to none!!!

I was truly blessed when I was able to purchase this NOW rare find, since the company is supposedly not in existence any longer?!....

I would buy another one in a heartbeat! A true hidden jewel in all sense of the word...

Mine has the ebony fret board with abalone inlays and a transparent blue core changing into a greenish mix at the rounded edge of the bass. You can see the wood graining through the color, which is simply breathtaking.

I'm proud to be a Bossa owner and I would match this bass with any existing bass out there and surprise would be the look of the day on the challenger’s face I can assure you!!!!

Party Man
    :cool:

4. pics please :)

I'd really like to have an OB6 or OB5.

5. Partyman

Partyman Guest

May 23, 2002
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    http://bassalone.com/bossa5.html

Here is a five for sale and the only difference is mine has the greenish/blue where the darker blue on the edge is located. I believe lower end basses had a red 4 and amber 6 string available approx. A month or so ago, so check them as well my friend...I will have to get some more pictures of mine. Let me know how it goes!!!!

Party Man:cool:

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    That Bossa's one purdy plank.

7. I've had Fodera, MTD, F, Ritter, etc., and the only time I still feel like Ahab is when I hear the name "Bossa".

Some day....

8. ugh, not having money SUCKS