Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss's daughter?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ba Gua Tiger, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Go out with her and hope for a raise

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. don't go out with her so nothing bad can come of it

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. just see how it goes, maybe you will fall in love

17 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. Send a carrot in the mail

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Alright, at work my supervisor (not quite my boss, but one step down and I see him more) has, a few times asked me if I wanted to go out with his daughter. He knows I am single and 20 and todayhe gave me his number (I'm asuming) on a piece of paper that says "Ask for ****" (I'll keep that out).

She is 17 (18 in December) not attractive to me, not ugly but not attractive either and she is my boss's daughter.

Do I...wait....

POLL :D

2. what if you guys break up, your boss(err...whatever) would kill you!

3. I don't know much about her...

And Its not that I am single because I can't get a woman to go out with me its:
    1) I don't go many places to meet women, cause my friends don't like ot go places :spit:
    2) i don't have a lot of spare time to find one, but if I had one I would make time for her, of course
    3) Come on who wouldn't want to go out with a musician, artist, writer, *****... :smug: (the last one is a secret for now, some people here already know, and I will tell the rest when the time comes)

4. Thats what I am afraid of, though he is asking me to ask her out so maybe he wouldn't :confused:

5. whats that supposed to mean??? :confused: as in "go for it"?

6. wont that last poll option make your boss guy mad :D

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    OK, how messed up is it, if a girls DAD has to pimp her out...

8. Paniak: I don't know, he might like carrots :D
    McHack: She just might not get out much, that's how I am :meh:

9. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    When I was 20, I know I had a hard time passing up "available" women, but now that I've matured (aged), I'd say avoid this, my friend. It would be best to just speak to your supervisor and say something like "While I'm flattered that you would consider me a suitable date for your pretty daughter, I'm afraid it could impact our relationship here at work so I am going to respectfully and regretfully pass on this wonderful opportunity to meet a fantastic lady."

In other words, try to get out of this without hurting any feelings - good luck, man!

10. yeah exactly talkbass is addicting, i think i need a vacation :cool:

p.s. Ba Gua Tiger your posts are almost at 1k! So exciting! :p

11. +1
    +1
    :p

12. That is what I was thinking would be best, but I couldn't make a possibly life altering decision with out asking the TB community :)

13. hmm i have an idea! you do absolutly NOTHING! its genius! So if your boss or whatever asks again, just ignore him, unless of couse he gets mad, just be like, "Im not at liberty to discuss my social life with you and my GF(shes made up) would be really mad if I went out with your daughter"

OR WAIT NEW IDEA!!! Just say you found someone, and be like, I was going to ask your daughter out but then Gloria(whatever the name is) came and shes so cool.

14. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    And quit it.

15. It would be really rad if you got a raise for dating his daughter. But, I think I would try to stay out of it and say 'no' without hurting any feelings.

:( But a raise would be pretty sweet...

16. :meh: I don't know yet. I might try that, but I usually don't lie about my life, not to people I see every day. Maybe I could actually go somewhere and meet a girl and then not pretend anything. What ever I do, I won't decide until I get some more imput from TBer :p

I'm serious :rollno:

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Finally, someone who understands.

18. hmm acctually meat a REAL girl, this could work... :p