Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boston Cannons lose to Philly Barrage

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sunday, the Boston Cannons lost to the Philly Barrage. I watched the game on ESPN2. the Cannons put up a good fight, but the Barrage were better. Anyway, I really like lacrosse and hope the league takes off! Anyone else catch this?

http://www.majorleaguelacrosse.com/

edit: the smilie doesn't mean I'm happy they lost, I'd rather they won. I'm just happy they had a game and trophy to compete for.

2. i've been catching some games on espn2. i doubt lacrosse will ever have mass appeal, but that doesn't mean MLL can't be successful. lacrosse is still largely regional, with the east coast being its only strong region. i mean, i know people play it in michigan, too, but i no one down south plays.

i'm still angry that soccer, for whatever reason, hasn't taken of here. with all the success the MLS has created for the national team, i surprised we haven't been able to catch on in a big way. oh, well.

robb.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Bump for lacrosse and soccer.

I'm surprised the soccer isn't bigger too, seems America is one of the few countries that doesn't really get into it.