Boston GC visit.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Carota, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I spent some time at the GC in Boston yesterday and noticed a few basses that some here may want to check out.

1: FBB #1070-03 (six string fretless)

2. Stambaugh 4 string fretless

3. MIA Jazz (4 string ash, maple/maple, transparent orange) *

*= Keep your hands off of this one. I want it. I had a hard time putting it back on the wall. :)
  2. bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I saw #2 on your list yesterday. #1 has been there for almost a year.

Great basses...but the GC price is about $300-500 more than it would cost to have them made today.
  3. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I've played that Stambaugh. Absolutely AMAZING.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Depending on what GC has on them, you could probably get that much off the prices.
  5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I played the FBB about 3 months ago when I was up in that area, it was in pretty tough shape at the time ..... did they give it any TLC recently? You see that bass on the 'bay every now and then .....

I love the shape of the FBB extended single cuts, and the headstock design on #070 is nice, as well. It's a nice bass, but you can have Matt build one to your specs for the same money ....... :cool:
  6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Wow. It had been quite a while since I was there last. So much so that when I walked in the front door, I went straight ahead and found myself surrounded by guitars instead of basses. :eek:

It wasn't bad. The action was a bit uneven, but overall the bass felt (and sounded) great.

Best choice I ever made. :)