Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Botch NEW Botch NEW Botch NEW Botch

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can't wait. Unifying Themes Redux

edit: wait, I thought they broke up? What's up with this? Is Newbury Comics insane? Is this previously unreleased material?

edit edit: Redux, OK I get it now. re-released material.

2. as moderator of this forum, i feel obligated to ask what the BLISTERING BLAZES you are talking about.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Botch is (or was?) one of the few truly creative metal bands. That is not meant as a bash against metal; I refer to the recording industry as a whole.

"We Are The Romans" is one of my fave albums... this thread is a nice reminder that I need to pick up their entire catalog.

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I got a an email from a local record store saying they had a new CD out today, which confused me a bit as Botch has called it quits.

5. grindmore

grindmore

Jun 21, 2002
    brooklyn
    the album is apparently unreleased demo and live tracks. Botch was definetly one of the innovators. They didn't follow trends and blended hardcore, metal and prog beautifully. If you like Botch, check out Harkonen, featuring one of the brothers of a member of Botch. They are also amazing.

6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, I will. Harkonen, like Dune?