Bottled!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Spinal Tapper, Jul 8, 2008.

1. jayarroz

jayarroz

Jul 10, 2007
    Boston
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    why? I never know why people do it.........:confused:

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I think it's more common at festivals when a lot of unmatched bands are playing at the same grounds. I'm sure no one would actually buy a ticket to see PATD just to throw a bottle at the dude's face...at least I hope not.

3. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    Although thier music DOES make me a little bit angry, it's people like that bottle-throwing guy that ruin festivals. What happened to the spirit of music and all that?

The rest of the band should have thrown thier instruments into the crowd or something. :bag:

4. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'd feel the same way if I paid my good, hard-earned money to see some real music and these hacks came onto the stage. :meh:

5. maybe they oculd get some SX'es just for that purpose (not sayin they're bad, just cheap enough to throw at morons):bag::ninja:

6. chrisp2g

chrisp2g

Apr 21, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    ouch.

7. Bossed.

8. How ****ing sad. The decline of western civilization is in full swing, folks. Better duck.

9. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Frankly i reckon he was faking alot of it. Making a big deal of it. Sure it hurts but No bottle of water can knock someone out, or over.

10. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    Owned.

11. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    As much as I hate to think of the witless assholery of anyone who would throw a bottle at a performer, (a) their "music" was so bad I was tempted to throw a bottle at my computer screen, and (b) I agree that it looked like he was faking it. I watched the moment of impact a few times, and he sings a few more lines of the song on his way down! If I had actually been hit in the face with a bottle that hard, I would have said something like "Buh!" ...and then if I wasn't unconscious I would have said something like "****!!! ******** mother****ing ****, what the ****!!!!!" I would not be singing.

12. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    If you look close, the he keeps "singing" after he gets hit...or lip syncing :ninja:

13. 51m0n

51m0n

Jun 30, 2005
    +1 Hate to think how many 'live' performances I've seen/engineered where a DAT got handed to FOH with instructions to 'top & tail': Bring up the vocal mic for the start and end of the song to allow the 'performer' to say their little bit to the audience. Its especially prevalent at festival type gigs and 'party in the park' one day events with top 40 acts. Sucks a$$.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021