1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bottom Feeder Bass Bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by WeThePeople, Jul 25, 2012.

1. StringMunkey

StringMunkey

Sep 2, 2007
    Yeah, I do. I wanted an alternative to the regular 'ol Badass bridge. I must say, these bridges rock. I have since put one on my Fender Jazz Bass, 5 string custom. What I was really impressed with was the 7 string Conklin version. Let me tell you, they really bring the natural tone out , and the Conklin 7 aready have a killer tone! I have another custom made 7 that I'm getting a bridge for. Can't wait. I would suggest to anyone to check them out...

2. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
    A 3-4dB increase in overall tonal vividness! :D (I'd have to verify that on my own personal tonal viv-scosity meter...)

They appear to be well made, but I don't see an intonation adjustment screw. That can be a real pain, unless I just don't see it.

They look really nice though!

3. Doesn't appear to be any intonation adjustment screws. Looks like saddle has to be moved manually and tightened in place with set screws. Plus is that once it is set, it shouldn't shift on you. Minus is that it is probably a pain in the bass to set.

4. StringMunkey

StringMunkey

Sep 2, 2007
    They use ABM saddles, which have adjustment screws...

5. StringMunkey

StringMunkey

Sep 2, 2007
    Its a snap to adjust. I love em...pretty slick design, and functional? I'll take it! Like I mentionef before, I'm having them installed on both of my Conklin 7's.