1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought a 410 TVX with no horn

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pat5150, Jan 9, 2013.

1. pat5150

pat5150

Nov 6, 2012
    I found this Peavey 410 TVX for what I consider a good price, $130 bucks. It's in decent shape only minor wear, but is missing the horn. There's just an empty hole there. I've read on a few threads that people will disable the horn and crossover and run the speakers full range. Is that just something you do when the crossover or horn fails, or is there a benefit? As-is, it sounds good to me. I'm running it with an old Peavey 400 series head with distortion.

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

If you are using distortion you REALLY don't want the horn anyway. Cover the empty hole though.

3. pat5150

pat5150

Nov 6, 2012
    Thanks for the tip, will do

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021