1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bought a Bass Pod Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brewer9, Nov 21, 2000.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I just put a deposit on the Line6 Bass Pod Pro. It has a whole bunch of great usable bass sounds as well as chorus and flange effects, not to mention the DI. Its on layaway so I have to wait a month til its paid off to play with it.

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Congrats! I heard a guy messing with one at GC the other day, some pretty cool sounds. :cool:

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have the Bass POD Amateur. It's OK, but would be a lot better if it had all the outputs of the Pro model.

4. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    How much does that cost eh?

5. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I paid $599, and the footswitch is $65.

Very expensive but its all very usable applications, not just a bunch of effects.

I was gonna get the sansamp DI ($190), the sansamp GT2 ($250) and a chorus box ($50). Add that stuff up and you've spent $440. For another couple hundred you have a zillion times more variations and programmable preset options, and its rackmountable (for me thats a huge convenience).

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, but you DON'T have a Bass Driver DI.

7. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    The Pod Pro does all that and more! It is an extensive amp modeler with a top-quality DI, as well as some good effects.

You dont need the driver or that other stuff with a Pod Pro.