Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a Bass Pod Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brewer9, Nov 21, 2000.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I just put a deposit on the Line6 Bass Pod Pro. It has a whole bunch of great usable bass sounds as well as chorus and flange effects, not to mention the DI. Its on layaway so I have to wait a month til its paid off to play with it.

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Congrats! I heard a guy messing with one at GC the other day, some pretty cool sounds. :cool:

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have the Bass POD Amateur. It's OK, but would be a lot better if it had all the outputs of the Pro model.

4. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    How much does that cost eh?

5. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I paid $599, and the footswitch is $65.

Very expensive but its all very usable applications, not just a bunch of effects.

I was gonna get the sansamp DI ($190), the sansamp GT2 ($250) and a chorus box ($50). Add that stuff up and you've spent $440. For another couple hundred you have a zillion times more variations and programmable preset options, and its rackmountable (for me thats a huge convenience).

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, but you DON'T have a Bass Driver DI.

7. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    The Pod Pro does all that and more! It is an extensive amp modeler with a top-quality DI, as well as some good effects.

You dont need the driver or that other stuff with a Pod Pro.