Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a cool Ampeg cab today... isovent???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wolfehollow, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    I bought the ampeg isovent cab with 2 10's and 2 15's isobarically mounted. That means the 15's face each other and are out of phase. I bought this to replace my 8x10 for my Ampeg V4-B head.

Result... Works great and handles my head very well. Very similar in tone to my 8x10 with less space and weight. It was used and I paid 300$.

2. I own one of these babies, too. She sounds good!

However, it's a chunky little bastage to carry aroung..barely fits in my back seat of my car...Good luck!

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I had one and sold it. Nice sounding cab. Heavy as hell. The other problem I experienced was the the 15's sounded great on the dance floor but the 210's was all I could hear on stage. It just wasn't cutting it with my loud band. Great for someone who isn't running their bass signal to the pa though. That cab will be heard out front.

4. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    awesome... for my situation is just what you guys described. I am replacing my 8x10 with this so fitting it in my back seat has never been an option. I never run through a pa, plus I have a pretty midrangey tone that those 10s pump out nicely. :)

5. crud19

crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Missouri
    Beware when recording with this cab. I had one in our recording studio (with an SVT-CL) for a while and used on a couple sessions. The 15s don't record well. The tens sound okay, but not much low end. I normally like 15s recorded, but not when they're facing the wrong way. Consider a different cab when you record.