Bought a cort

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfreak_85, Feb 1, 2006.

1. bassfreak_85

Jan 31, 2006
    I recently bought a cort bass cuse it look and sounded really good.My question is are they really good basses to have
  2. If you like the way it plays and sounds, then yes it's great bass to have.

I have no experience with them, but names shouldn't necessarily effect (affect??? I never know) how you feel about an instrument until you play it.
  3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    sure, why not? If you like the way it plays and sounds, where's the issue?
  4. Nope. They're terrible. take it back and get a Jay Turser.

wink. ;)
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Personally, I have never seen a bad Cort. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't run into one yet. They are mainly less expensive instruments, but so what? There are many great musicians that play inexpensive or mid priced instruments although they could afford much expensive basses. Trust your own ears and judgement, and also get very good. If you sound good enough, other people will be copying you.
  6. milo

Jul 22, 2004
    Here is my cort RB4 and i like it very much.I think u cant get better bass for that money.
  7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    looks like a nice bass milo
  8. I 've been told that they are good mid-range basses and worth their money. Heard a fretless once, although never played one
  9. Very sexy... Very Elrick-y... Me likes it!!!
  10. ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    yup i own a cort curbow. i think it sounds a lot better than many basses in its price range, but thats because its cheap. picked mine up new for under 400US. i like the sound and the shape (which isnt of cort's design, but...), but i dont really like the way almost the whole bass is synthetic. luthite body, ebanol fretboard.

the construction and quality is of a pretty respectable standard.
  11. Linas

Jan 6, 2005