Bought A Couple of Pedals Today...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 6, 2004.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, I got some money for my birthday, and there was a sale at Long & McQuade, so I couldn't resist. I was looking for a wah and distortion pedal.

First, I tried a few distortion/overdrive pedals. First was the Boss Bass Overdrive. It was okay, but just not the sound I was looking for. So I moved on to the DigiTech Death Metal guitar pedal. I heard it sounded good on bass, so I tried it, but I had also heard that DigiTech pedals aren't very durable, so I didn't get that either. Finally, I tried the Ibanez Phat Hed Distortion. It had the perfect tone, exactly what I was looking for... and at $75 how could I go wrong?

For the wah pedal, I had only two choices: the Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah (the original, not the white one) and the Morley Pro Series II. The Dunlop just didn't sound so hot. I can't really explain it, it just wasn't for me. The Morley, although meant for guitar, sounded great on bass, with a pretty big sweep. It has a level booster knob too, and it's pretty hefty. I think this one will last a while. Only $110.

I'm really happy with these purchases, I'd definatley recommend these pedals. :)

Graeme :bassist:
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new pedals!:D

And, of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hyper:
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, at least ya got a Morley outta the deal. :)
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    My roommate has a Phat Head and its a great pedal. i like it as much as my EBS multidrive.