1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bought A Couple of Pedals Today...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 6, 2004.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, I got some money for my birthday, and there was a sale at Long & McQuade, so I couldn't resist. I was looking for a wah and distortion pedal.

First, I tried a few distortion/overdrive pedals. First was the Boss Bass Overdrive. It was okay, but just not the sound I was looking for. So I moved on to the DigiTech Death Metal guitar pedal. I heard it sounded good on bass, so I tried it, but I had also heard that DigiTech pedals aren't very durable, so I didn't get that either. Finally, I tried the Ibanez Phat Hed Distortion. It had the perfect tone, exactly what I was looking for... and at $75 how could I go wrong?

For the wah pedal, I had only two choices: the Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah (the original, not the white one) and the Morley Pro Series II. The Dunlop just didn't sound so hot. I can't really explain it, it just wasn't for me. The Morley, although meant for guitar, sounded great on bass, with a pretty big sweep. It has a level booster knob too, and it's pretty hefty. I think this one will last a while. Only $110.

I'm really happy with these purchases, I'd definatley recommend these pedals. :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new pedals!:D

And, of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hyper:

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, at least ya got a Morley outta the deal. :)

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    My roommate has a Phat Head and its a great pedal. i like it as much as my EBS multidrive.