Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought A Digitech BP50 Just For Fun........

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    ..........and it's alot of fun.I'm not planning on using it live by any means but for practicing at home,it's really great.I just wanted something to play through at home without setting up my whole rig and this thing fit the bill.A tuner,headphone amp,effects and drum machine for $75!The effects and amp modeling are actuallly pretty good.Just as good or better than the Korg PX4B IMO.I'm gonna go play now...........

2. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Does anyone else have any questions/comments about the BP50?

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I have one. I use it for the metronome and tuner. The effects are not very good with the exception of one or two sounds. It's got a cool drum machine, and could be used a a preamp. That's about it.

4. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    I have a RP100 which is the guitar version with a couple of more tweakables but not much more. The amps are pretty cool, the effects vary from cheesy to usable. I love the heavy distortion settings with guitar for foolin' around but when it came to getting something for live, I went with an X series synth wah.For demos the RP and BP are cool but when you listen real close, there's a hint of graininess to the clean sounds and it doesn't respond to volume swells real well. But for the price, a great toy n'est pas?

5. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Thanks for your comments.I think the effects are actually pretty decent.The thing I discovered about the BP50 is that the amp models are good for headphones and direct recording but not through an amp.The general tone and effects are way better with the amp models turned off.Try using the Octavider by itself with the EQ flat and nothing else.It sounds and tracks exactly like the X-Series BSW when used this way.The same goes for the Envelope Filter as well.I also like the Chourus,Delay,Flanger and Phaser.The tuner actually tracks faster than my Korg DTR2 and the drum machine is great for practicing.The BP50 is not a high end piece of gear by any means but it's definitely fun if you take it for what it's worth......:bassist: