1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought a Firebass 700

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbanks, May 17, 2011.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    To keep the Acme happy.
    [​IMG]

2. These amps are sick.

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Been playing with it a while and it seems to have a clarity similar to the Superfly ,with a bit the thunder I am getting from the Behringer 300wt head hooked to 2 15s'. But, its doing it with the Acme B2! (Yay!) This may work! However, it does not roar like the Sunn. I do have a tube preamp that I'm having repaired and it may be able to supply that rawness my band needs.

Tried it with the GT5 w/TI Jazz Flats, the Jazz and the Squier Pbass. The Conklin seemed to sing most sweetly, while the Jazz was a bit clanky. But that was easily toned down and its sound grew an enormous butt. Shook the pant leg a bit with master at 7, gain 3. The Pbass had the oddest 'fake' Rickenbacker tone I've heard in a long time. It kinda reminded me of an SD Curlee strung with steel wounds. I kicked up the bass control for it and got a funny feeling... down there.

So far, I'd have to say...
    I LIKE IT!