Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a fretless Pedulla Buzz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    for $500 today. Sorry for the crappy pic, but unitl my camera shows up all I have is the cell phone.

2. Im jealous...
    Id love to see better pics when you get them..i dont think there are too many MVP/Buzz's on this forum?

Pedulla MVP/Buzz basses are on a short list of the only other basses other than Rics i would consider buying.

3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I will post some pretty soon (waiting on a canon camera). I looked around the web, I think I got a good deal on it. It has a couple of dings, but nothing serious, plays great (aside from my intonation) and sounds amazing.

4. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Wonderful basses. I've got a matching pair of MVP/Buzz basses.

$500 is a great price. Good job.

[​IMG]

5. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    California
    Congrats! I bought my Buzz in 1984 and I have had it ever since! I love it, it is an amazing instrument. awesome fit and finish and a Buzz fretboard , ahhhhh a Buzz fretboard. i like them so nuch that I have had Mike Pedulla do the fretboards on my fretless basses for almost twenty years now. The only thing that I have changed on my Pedulla is I replaced the pups with lane poors. man, that bass kicks ass and I am sure yours does to. enjoy!

6. I can see this thread doing wonderful things for my GAS. :bawl:

Sweet pair Rowka :cool:

7. I love my Buzz. It is a 1987. The control layout is unusual. I bought it from a guy that (allegedly) worked for Tobias under Gibson. The controls are neck pickup vol/brige pickup vol/tone/master vol/3-way pickup switch/active-passive switch with LED indicator. Here is a pic.

8. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    California

Sucks, doesn't it ? :D

9. Aye!
    Im was putting serious thought into buying one this spring/summer comming...hopefully winter flies by fast lol
    If i do, it will be the first non-Ric bass i would have bought in a while.

How is the string spacing?

10. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Got pics? I'd love to see a Buzz with LP's!

11. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    California

I'll take some, how do I post them on here?

12. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I can't stop playing it. It's cool, I'm inspired by the sound and I really needed that right now.

13. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    nice grab Bliss!

looking forward to some pics.

killer price too!

14. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    didn't Mark Egan used it for his latest CD? If thats the bass it has a great fretless timbre to it. :cool:

15. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Hey Bustinjustin, last time I checked you avatar were blocked, what happened man? :)

16. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    you could say i'm as smooth at that buzz's ebony fretboard....

but that'd be a lie. :smug:

17. That's an incredible deal for sure, last year I sold mine on the Bay for $1200. And it had some dings, sad to see it go, but I can't deal with 4's anymore. I've always poly'ed my fretless boards to get that feel and sound. Nothing better for that mwha! :) I really wish I could find a place that sells Diamonkote. And for $400 to send it in to Pedulla to have them do it is tempting. I assume your using rounds on it? That just makes them scream!
    If I had the cash and saw one I'd have a Hexa buzz for sure.
    Congrats and enjoy it.
    Dirk
    p.s. and Mark Egan is an endorser and even has his own model. How cool would that be?

18. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Those and Zons are my favorite fretlesses for sure. Actually, the first fretless I had was a warwick corvette 5 with a wenge neck and ebony fingerboard. Pretty nice, but I needed a fretted bass at the time and 2 was not an option. BUT.........these days I dig a buzz immensely. I picked up mine off ebay for a little over 1100 I think, it was suppossedly stolen from Cirqu De Soleil, insurance bought the bass player a new one, the dude who stole it got caught, and had to pay back the money for the insurance company. The bass was sold by that guys attorney, so it is a 'recoverd' item. Pretty interesting, I like Cirque De Soleil. But, the bass rocks, I feel the buzz.......

[​IMG]