Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a GK 700rb yesterday.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jun 10, 2005.

1. My lord it's got better tone than any amp I've ever used in my life. It was expensive but well worth it, it has the clarity I have been searching for and really versatile tone. It's so thick and meaty if I want it, or I can use it to get so much attack and punch I never expected. Definately something I'm not going to want to upgrade, especially because it's louder than I'll ever need in my town. Very very impressed with this. What are some things fellow owners would recommend for this head?

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Glad you like the head. if you search my posts you'll see that I regularly Rave about it. Welcome to the club.

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh yeah. Now you too have experienced it.

Joe
    (GK700RBII, JBL JRX125, Boss Processing)

4. Why do you say it was expensive?

5. 900 dollars canadian plus tax is expensive to an 18 year old boy haha, plus of coarse it isn't the best deal in the world, but music stores are limited around here and this one offered me 12 months no payment no interest, so I found that worth the extra change, as well as the warrenty, and local service.

6. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Yes you will love it...I to have come over from the dark side and join the ranks of merry G-K users. Up the Irons and remember that ear plugs are cheap. :bassist:

7. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Me too. Welcome indeed. :D

8. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Welcome aboard the GK boat :cool:

9. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Congrats!
    GK heads rock. I used to gig regularly with their 400RB.
    However, an investment like that is hardly anything compared to a keys player at that age. I bought my Ensoniq EPS workstation when I was that age. All from corn detassling & other part time work I could find. No parental support here. :( $1800+$200 for the Grundorf case. :eyebrow:
    ...and that doesn't include $175 Apex stand, cables, etc... :meh:

10. Yeah my parents dont support my music, nurtz