1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bought a GT7 today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pedullaphile, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Well, on a whim I bought a slightly used Groove Tools 7 string this afternoon.

I am not quite sure what came over me...........but what the hey.........it was a decent price. Just heavier than rosie odonnell

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Congrats. How do you like it? The weight's not that bad; you'll get used to it. The way I figure, soldiers have to carry around ~70lbs. of gear most of the time. Carrying 11lbs on a padded strap for two or three hours really ain't all that bad.

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Congrats. Pics ?

4. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    I've had one for over a year and I still remember the first night I used it. I thought I'd made a mistake. Last week I caught myself moving it around on stage (and myself) like it was a Steinie! You'll get used to it if you love RANGE!:D ;)

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Played mine last night. If it had a decent preamp it would be a killer bass. As it is, it's still pretty decent, especially on a rainy night in a rowdy pool bar.