Bought a guitar today..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hee hee hee :D

Well ok, I swapped my Squier Delonge Strat for it. It's a Washburn A-5, made 1983 in Japan according to owner. I think I won't see many of these around!

Needs just a bit of refinishing. I thought to sand it down properly and apply somekind of tobaccoburst-alike finish. What do you think?
  2. Reverse Firebird-type body.
    Telecaster-type controls.
    Two single coils.

I don't think it looks too bad the way it is. If you refinish it - so much the better.

Not bad, Tsal.

Good luck with her.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    SWEET! Carlos Cavaso [sp?] of Quiet Riot used one in the 80s. My buddy had a bound black dual humbucker version with Kahler & Rosewood board.

Great guitar... not many around
  4. Score man, that thing will look hella good once you touch it up a bit! Get some sound clips, gotta hear this baby ;) ~ Tyler
  5. Don't refinish that! It looks really cool the way it is!:bassist:
  6. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    wow buddy i like it, good trade, dont finish it looks great(sort of want to do that to one of mine, if it reproducable?) like a sound clip too.
  7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It originally had black gloss finish(like the headstock) that was sanded off poorly, hence the brownish color.

I think it might be swamp ash underneath, judging from the grain and light weight.