1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bought a guitar today..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hee hee hee :D

Well ok, I swapped my Squier Delonge Strat for it. It's a Washburn A-5, made 1983 in Japan according to owner. I think I won't see many of these around!

[​IMG]

Needs just a bit of refinishing. I thought to sand it down properly and apply somekind of tobaccoburst-alike finish. What do you think?

2. Reverse Firebird-type body.
    Telecaster-type controls.
    Two single coils.

I don't think it looks too bad the way it is. If you refinish it - so much the better.

Not bad, Tsal.

Good luck with her.

Mike

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    SWEET! Carlos Cavaso [sp?] of Quiet Riot used one in the 80s. My buddy had a bound black dual humbucker version with Kahler & Rosewood board.

Great guitar... not many around

4. Score man, that thing will look hella good once you touch it up a bit! Get some sound clips, gotta hear this baby ;) ~ Tyler

5. Don't refinish that! It looks really cool the way it is!:bassist:

6. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    wow buddy i like it, good trade, dont finish it looks great(sort of want to do that to one of mine, if it reproducable?) like a sound clip too.

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It originally had black gloss finish(like the headstock) that was sanded off poorly, hence the brownish color.

I think it might be swamp ash underneath, judging from the grain and light weight.