Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by witness, Feb 15, 2006.

1. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Arizona
    What's Up, just thought I would share with you the fact that I just bought a new bass, and I'm very thrill with it. This bass was built by David King of kingbass.com in Portland, OR, It's some beautiful workmanship, and also the lightiest bass I've ever played, It's gotta be around 8lbs or so, It's got tons of sound I'm still experimenting with. Here are he specs:

Body wood: Claro walnut veneer top, Swampash back
    Neckwoods: 34" scale 24 frets 3 piece quaetersawn, rock maple neck with acrylicized birdseye maple fingerboard
    Hardware: Hipshot Ultralight chrome clover leaf tuners, Hipshot "A" chrome bridge with 18mm spacing, Brass nut, Dunlop"dual design" straplock, Neutrick 1/4" locking jack
    Finish: PPG DCU-2002 over epoxy filler
    Pickups and electronics: Dingwall custom split coil pups, Audere audio 3 band 18v EQ with Z-Mode switch, 3 band selectable midrange switch, and active/passive switch

Like I mention above, I'm still experimenting with the different sounds, expecially with this Audere preamp with the 3 different Z-Mode selector switch. If any TBers are here or pass through the Phoenix, AZ area, just drop me a line prior to, and we could make some arrangement to check out the bass. I'm trying to attach some pics, but it seems that the files are too big, and I don't know how to re-size it, if someone could tell me how, I would appreciate it. Anyway, if you want some pics, just drop me an email, and I'll send them to you, thanks

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I'm curious about his basses, mostly because I live in Portland, but haven't had the chance to see any of his basses yet.

I found a pic of your bass on his website. Looks good!!!

3. oh wow, he does a fake headstock on one of those headless models

I've never seen that done before. To me, headless bodies look out of balance... with a fake one the designs and shapes are practically endless.

4. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    no pictures, it doesn't exist.
    It's that simple. :D

5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    +1. Them's the rules, bro!

;)

6. Fong249

Fong249

May 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Don't Lie. you didnt buy a bass. Unless of course, there are pics. +123

7. markowens1234

markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    I REALLY dig that bass. I love King's basses, just wish I could afford one. I really like the headstock on yours... it looks like a beast in the pic on the website. I also really like the top, how the carving shows a little of the swamp ash. Very cool, killer bass.

8. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Arizona
    If someone could tell how to reduce the size of the pics, I could post some, currently, they are all over 150Ks, It's the bass on my avatar

9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

10. I have no concern or respect for others' bandwidth! Mua-ha-ha!

That bass is beautiful by the way.

[​IMG]

11. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001