Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a new Yamaha!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikkel-S, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hmmm...I've just traded my stingray for a Monster of a bass!! a Yamaha TRB-6...it sounds so full and warm....but i dont know if im gonna miss my stingray....Does any of you good people miss your old Stingray?

2. Dude.. a stingray isn't even remotely near the TRB in terms of quality and sound..

congrats ! another one chooses the Dark Side.. :D

3. that isn't a bad trade at all...but when Stingray's are involved, it's gonna turn some heads. You won't miss it painfully cuz you got a Yamaha TRB-6, those are awesome basses.

does it really have noisy electronics???

4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    does it really have noisy electronics???'

ohh...No its very quiet on my little Warwick Sweet15 amp

5. what kind of tone are you going for with this bass??? I know that these basses have a really good growl to them. When I went for that growl on the used TRB-6, it hissed...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!?

6. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I've hadnt had any problems with my bass yet...I go for the full-warm sound and the growly mid...but it sounds fine

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Pics! Pics! That sould be a rule, new bass = pics of new bass!

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah!!! i always complain about that :p

9. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Sorry guys not yet...but when i get a picture of her i'll show you...promise