Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought a Pedulla

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sobie18, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Picked up a Rapture last week @ GC for twelve bones. It has the PJ set up and sounds O.K. The frets were rougher than a porcupine on the edges and I had to file 'em down. Should be fun to play all those country gigs...blues gigs...rock gigs...going to Day shift 01 Apr...yea!!!

I'll post pics soon...

Any other Rapture folks?

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

My girlfriend really wants one...I've played one at GC and it wasnt bad but it was 2 grand. Too much for what it was IMO but 12 is a good price right?

Was it used?

3. Brand new....

Now, I want the PentaBuzz for 15 next...

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Wow man that's cool...

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I am yet to play a pedulla at GC that DOESN"T have super-sharp frets, lol. You'd think they coudl get that right on an instrument that expensive.

6. i really want a rapture. Chris Wolstenholme from muse uses one. It rocks. I really wanna play one. Enjoy it man.

7. congrats... i wish i wasnt so damn poor.... all i could afford lately was a 'wick strwamer std. from 99... i thought it was cool though... it had never been touched... brand new and sitting in a shop for 3 years!!!! i was happy... but i wish i could afford another bass... now im making my own... hopefully it doesnt suck.....
    congrats
    ian

8. heres a picture of chirs wolstenholm playing his rapture 4. WOOOO

9. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I've had a few e-mail conversations with Christine @ Pedulla, and they're just as upset about the condition of their basses once they leave the shop. The following message is posted on their website so that they can get "on the case" of stores with substandard service:

It is of the upmost concern to us at Pedulla, that all our basses are in the best condition from the great looks of the bass to the perfect playability of the bass. At times, while our basses are on a retailer's showroom floor, a Pedulla bass can show signs of general wear and tear. It is of additional great concern to us if Pedulla basses are not well taken care of because some retailers don't always keep instruments properly adjusted and sometimes neglect to make sure that they are clean or that they still have good strings installed.

It is difficult and quite expensive to send out a Pedulla representative to every retailer that sells Pedulla basses to check on the condition of the basses on a regular basis, so this is how you can help us. If you find a new Pedulla bass at a dealer's store and are anything less than incredibly impressed with it's playability or the way it looks, we ask you to please let us know as quickly as you can. We will gladly follow up with the dealer and take care of it promptly.

We take great pride in our basses and we make sure that each bass is perfect when we ship it. Unfortuantely, however, we have no control over it's care once it leaves us.

We would like to thank all of you for your time and for your interest in, and support of, Pedulla bass guitars. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank you.

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    It's also been pointed out that ebony moves a lot with humidity, and that an ebony fretboard, which many Pedullas have, will shrink in the very dry environment of most stores. This will cause the frets to protrude.

I first saw this come up in a thread where someone was wondering why all the expensive Pedullas and Alembics had bad fret jobs.

11. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Congratz!!

I Just bought a Pedulla Thunderbolt 5 string used last week. I LOVE it.

It sounds Great (I payed 1200 too)

Enjoy!

Don

:bassist:

12. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I have had my Rapture J2 for about a year now. I bought it used and, after a quick setup, played perfectly. The best playing bass I have ever played (other bass players who have played my Pedulla have said the same thing). And, of course, it sounds amazing!

13. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    a big part of this is time.

I used to frequent a guitar center near my house & they have had the same pedullas in stock since they opened up!

They never clean or adjust them & now they play like ****, the knobs are loose, strings are dead so far from being in tune.

This isnt a pedula problem IMO, its a guitar center issue. Most people who shop at guitar center are not there to buy a $2000 bass.

14. I've played a Rapture J-2 5 string for the last two years or so. I did NOT get it at GC. The whole bass is in tremendous condition. I love playing it. I had a Thunderbass before, too, which was even more incredible to play, although less practical in most situations. The Rapture is stupendously versatile.

Hey BassSaxMan, I'll be playing it tonight at The Leucadian (in Leucadia!) if you and your mythical lady want to hear it in a pop band setting.

15. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Generally, there's much truth to that.

Oh, yeah...while I'm at it!!!

[​IMG]

16. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    The GC near me still has half their opening stock of Pedullas, their opening Zon, the high-end Warwicks they opened with, and their opening Vadim.

17. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Man I wish I could :( I have something due in an hour and a thing due tonight at midnight and then finals next week...so I'm all wrapped up right now. :(

18. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Heres me Pedulla Rapture J 5er....I got it from Jon Packard I been diggin it.

19. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Sharp edges.... Wow!!!??? I had a Rapture 5 for a short time and it had some of the best fret work I've ever seen. Special Run for GC? Now featuring sharp edges? ;)

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmmm ... I didn't have any problem with rough frets on my ThunderBolt. Oh wait! It's fretless. Never mind.