1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bought a roscoe beck finally...off ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Claypool-esque, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Claypool-esque

Claypool-esque

Mar 18, 2002
  2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Very Cool!!! I would get one if my hands weren't so small where it would kill my wrists. Looks like a beauty! Remember to put up a review :)

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Congratulations! If it's everything the seller says it is, I think $850 is a fair price. I got mine for $650 shipped, however mine is a '96, I am at least its 3rd owner, and the bass was pretty well "broken in".

A friend of mine has the sunburst RB5 and it's gorgeous... I like it better than my metallic teal. He got a shell replacement guard for his; gives it a very vintage vibe. But the white guard looks good too.

4. Mine was $620 + shipping, 1996 in shoreline gold. I'm 3rd owner but it was in mint condition.

Don't worry about the size of the neck. I have small hands and play the RB5 all night long with no difficulties at all.

Mine hangs perfectly. In fact, it weighs more than my MIM p-bass, but the P gives me a shoulder ache using the same strap as the RB5.

5. Price seems pretty good, since that colour isn't very common. Nice basses too! The Roscoe Beck 5 is probably my favourite five string that Fender makes.

6. Hey Claypool-esque, that looks really nice. Sunburst is my favorite finish on any bass. From those photos it looks like it's in pretty good shape.
    If I were looking for another 5er, it would be either a Sterling 5, a Yamaha TRB5 or a Roscoe Beck. From some of the stories I've heard here I think I'd go for the Beck.

Good luck with her. Post a review after you've played her a bit.

Mike J.

7. Monkabutt

Monkabutt Guest

Apr 15, 2002
    My house
    Not a bad price and really a cool bass. The neck is a bit thick but it is something that you get used to. IMHO it is the best passive 5 string out there.

MB

8. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Congrats......I was considering pulling the trigger on that one......

Good Luck !! :)

PJR

9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    did they quit making them? I thought they did, but... I sure hope not... I really want one, but not for a year or so :(

10. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    It's a great bass. Worth every penny. I own two of them and I want two more.

11. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Guest

Apr 30, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    So......you're the guy that outbid me on that jewel. I wanted it bad. Congrats.......guess I'll keep lookin.

12. Fender Will

Fender Will

Jan 2, 2001
    Nice bass....!

I just bought a lightly used Roscoe Beck locally for $800, shoreline gold finish.

They are great basses. In fact, I like mine more than my Ken Smith BSR5P, which cost me 2 1/2 times as much bread. It balances better, feels more like "home", and still sounds like me! Cant beat that!

I may sell my KS5P to buy another Beck and have Mike Lull defret it.

13. Claypool-esque

Claypool-esque

Mar 18, 2002
    hey thanks for the feed back on this bass...i was a little unsure but i feel better now. as soon as i get it ill post a review...although im sure omst of you are hip to the roscoe becks. again thanks!

14. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Anybody seen a red one? I know they exist... I wish I hadn't sold mine.

15. I saw a CAR go by on eBay. Very rare. Only seen 1 so far.

16. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Nice score! Welcome to the RB5 fraternity. The only reason I would sell/trade my Shoreline Gold RB5 would be to buy a Sunburst RB5 just like your's.

17. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    GREAT bass !! too bad that here in italy i have seen only one and it was EXPENSIVE!!