bought a roscoe beck ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Claypool-esque, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Claypool-esque

Mar 18, 2002
  2. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Very Cool!!! I would get one if my hands weren't so small where it would kill my wrists. Looks like a beauty! Remember to put up a review :)
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Congratulations! If it's everything the seller says it is, I think $850 is a fair price. I got mine for $650 shipped, however mine is a '96, I am at least its 3rd owner, and the bass was pretty well "broken in".

A friend of mine has the sunburst RB5 and it's gorgeous... I like it better than my metallic teal. He got a shell replacement guard for his; gives it a very vintage vibe. But the white guard looks good too.
  4. Mine was $620 + shipping, 1996 in shoreline gold. I'm 3rd owner but it was in mint condition.

Don't worry about the size of the neck. I have small hands and play the RB5 all night long with no difficulties at all.

Mine hangs perfectly. In fact, it weighs more than my MIM p-bass, but the P gives me a shoulder ache using the same strap as the RB5.
  5. Price seems pretty good, since that colour isn't very common. Nice basses too! The Roscoe Beck 5 is probably my favourite five string that Fender makes.
  6. Hey Claypool-esque, that looks really nice. Sunburst is my favorite finish on any bass. From those photos it looks like it's in pretty good shape.
    If I were looking for another 5er, it would be either a Sterling 5, a Yamaha TRB5 or a Roscoe Beck. From some of the stories I've heard here I think I'd go for the Beck.

Good luck with her. Post a review after you've played her a bit.

Mike J.
  7. Monkabutt

Monkabutt Guest

Apr 15, 2002
    My house
    Not a bad price and really a cool bass. The neck is a bit thick but it is something that you get used to. IMHO it is the best passive 5 string out there.

8. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Congrats......I was considering pulling the trigger on that one......

Good Luck !! :)

9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    did they quit making them? I thought they did, but... I sure hope not... I really want one, but not for a year or so :(
  10. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    It's a great bass. Worth every penny. I own two of them and I want two more.
  11. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Guest

Apr 30, 2002
    Orlando, Florida're the guy that outbid me on that jewel. I wanted it bad. Congrats.......guess I'll keep lookin.
  12. Fender Will

Fender Will

Jan 2, 2001
    Nice bass....!

I just bought a lightly used Roscoe Beck locally for $800, shoreline gold finish.

They are great basses. In fact, I like mine more than my Ken Smith BSR5P, which cost me 2 1/2 times as much bread. It balances better, feels more like "home", and still sounds like me! Cant beat that!

I may sell my KS5P to buy another Beck and have Mike Lull defret it.
  13. Claypool-esque

Mar 18, 2002
    hey thanks for the feed back on this bass...i was a little unsure but i feel better now. as soon as i get it ill post a review...although im sure omst of you are hip to the roscoe becks. again thanks!
  14. G

Apr 12, 2000
    Anybody seen a red one? I know they exist... I wish I hadn't sold mine.
  15. I saw a CAR go by on eBay. Very rare. Only seen 1 so far.
  16. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Nice score! Welcome to the RB5 fraternity. The only reason I would sell/trade my Shoreline Gold RB5 would be to buy a Sunburst RB5 just like your's.
  17. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    GREAT bass !! too bad that here in italy i have seen only one and it was EXPENSIVE!!