1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought a TC Electronic Forcefield yesterday.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I'm still a novice when it comes to compression. I've had pedals in the past and rack mount stuff in my PA. For me, I can really only hear compression when it's too much. I was in GC yesterday and they let me try the Forcefield out. I decided I would give it a shot with my bass rig.

Here is what I know about this pedal.

In a lot of settings it thickens the tone. I played through a couple of amps with a couple of different basses on display. That's what made me bring it home.

It was kinda of harsh with an active bass through it. I understand that it's a hotter signal being sent to the compressor. More testing is required.

It generates a hiss. It's mostly at loud gig volume but I really hate hiss. The amp's onboard compressor doesn't make any noise. Could be that I just need to stick with it.

knumbskull and Driven Crane like this.