Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought an Aguilar DB 924 and it didn't come with instructions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jerry J, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey all,

I made a day trip up to Seattle to BassNW yesterday and picked up an Aguilar DB 924. No instructions or anything. Just a warranty card.

I know you are thinking what "kinda moron is this guy"...3 knobs and 2 jacks! Yeah it's all pretty self-explanitory. I was just wondering if it's like any other pedal? Do the batteries run down if you leave your cable plugged into the jacks? Also, any one with one of these mounted in a rackspace?

I didn't try it out at the shop but figured that if I didn't like it that the guys at BassNW would sure take it back. I got to spend about 20 minutes with the preamp today and my initial review is extremely positive. I do need to spend more time with it.

That was my first time in the place. Whew! It's kinda intimidating with all those basses. Very difficult to take it all in. I'll post a trip review on the Bass BB when I get a moment. I got to fool around with some pretty nice basses and they weren't all at BassNW. I really need to make another trip back up. There was a Pedulla Thunderbolt 5 that spoke to me. And there was the Zon 5-String fretless...

Less is more....more or less bassically speaking

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    You lucky dawg! :D Sounds like a major candy store.
    I've ordered from `em before and spent hours drooling
    over the stuff at their site. I dunno if I could handle
    bein' there for real. Bart Simpson: "...pleasure overload!" :p

Have you checked the Aguilar site? You can call `em at
    1-800-304-1875 or email `em with tech questions at
    techsupport@aguilaramp.com . Here's the page on the 924 -
    http://www.aguilaramp.com/html/924.html

3. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Jerry J.:

Did you ask about the Sadowsky outboard while you were there? Did they mention if they were discontinued?

I understand they may have been designed by the same person, but I'm not sure they're built the same, or sound the same.

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I asked about the Sadowsky preamp but they were out of them. They were also about $30 more expensive. Gabe said that he had receive a notice from Sadowsky saying there would be some changes in the unit and it would be more in the same vein as the Raven. He said that it would be after the first of the year before anything came about. Gabe did say that he thought, even though Alex Aguilar designed both units that they did not sound alike. He also said that he used the Aguilar unit and liked the way it was built. It is built like a little tank.

[Edited by Jerry J on 12-17-2000 at 11:38 PM]

5. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Jery J.

Thanks for your reply. I orderd a Sadowsky two weeks ago but all I've recieved was a recipt for the purchase. Guess I gota get on the phone. Thanks again.

Vic