1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought an SWR LA12... is it a good amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperSnake2012, Jul 1, 2007.

1. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I wanted a somewhat lightweight amp that has some power for practice/acoustic gigs... I went with the 12" speaker so it could handle a low B... is this amp decent? The reviews of this amp seem to be favorable. Paid a little less than $200 shipped on eBay.

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Nope. No power, crappy speakers.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Indeed, not a very good amp.
    It's fine for bedroom practice but that's about it.

4. Yup. Sorry dude.

5. You can most likely pull off Acoustic sessions. Against a drummer, you're most likely dead in the water though. I still really dig them though.

6. dogbass

dogbass Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Do tell. I've read.."LA , not great" but never played through one myself...tell us what you think after it arrives. Thats all that really matters anyway.

7. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I won't be playing with a drummer... I will use it to accompany a piano, and for practicing at home purposes. I have a loud Ashdown MAG setup at my practice area which I use for jamming/gigs :)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021