Bought another new SADOWSKY! Warning EXTREME GAS ahead!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tommixx, Apr 6, 2005.

1. So I got my new Ultra Vintage Sadowsky on last Friday and have barely put it down since....LOVE this bass, it ooozes that 70's vibe, BUT, I came home, checked email - BAM Sadowsky instock update notice, click the link, hit the site and here it is:

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/4288.html

THAT is what I REALLY wanted when I got the Ultra Vintage - A NYC PJ with a P body!!!!!! Immediately picked up the phone, called Kevin, and........noone had bit yet!!!!!! :hyper: :D SHE IS MINE!!! :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :D :D :D

I am sending back the 70's Ultra Vintage in case anybody wants to speak for her first (GREAT BASS and a Really cool case too!!) and should have this one by mid week next week!!! That PJ P is just too cool to pass up....THANK YOU KEVIN!!!

Reviews to follow of course!

Peace,

T

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Too cool. Play the heck out of it

Rob

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    :eek:

4. Congratulations. I was checking it out this morning. It's a beauty.

5. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Tommixx,
    You got it BAD, didnt know you could have a 'one night stand' with a bass.
    Peace, glad you are getting what you want....

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Your hooked arent you? :D thats great all the best with your new Sadowsky. :hyper: :bassist:

7. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Post pics of the Metro before you send it back! :smug:

8. that is such an awesome bass.
    im in shock :eek:

9. Can you send some pics on the Ultra Vintage?? also asking/ $$$?????

10. AB53211

AB53211

Apr 15, 2004
    Milwaukee,WI
    thats awesome :hyper: !! congrats

11. That neck is about as big as your check book i would assume :D
    Have fun with it!

12. Stunning! Congrats!!

Jeff

13. Thanks Guys!!

Unfortuantely, I just did manage to get the UV Metro shipped out to NYC today at the last minute.....the sooner it gets back, the sooner I get the PJ!!!! I did not have a chance to get any pics because my little girl killed my cam at her Birthday party a few weeks ago.....as luck would have it, I am headed to Raleigh tomorrow to hopefully get it fixed....

I have to tell ya Jeff, I ALMOST went for that spalted top J.....that is one sweet piece of wood too!!!!!! :bassist:

Peace,

T

14. I just saw that bass! Man, I wish I needed another jazz!

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe,

ready to join the PJ side? nice... thinkin' it'll punch like a mofo w/ that swampy body and P pickup. :cool:

16. :bawl: I WANT ONE!

By bday is in one week... if y'all all pitch in... y'all can get me a sadowsky vintage P! you know you want too :) :bassist:

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sweeeeet! :bassist:

[​IMG]

18. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

:eek:

I gots bass envy. :D

19. That aged looking spalted top JJ5 4311 and the similar #4242 4 string that sold recently are the prettiest finishes I've seen on a Fender style bass.

If I hadn't just bought my Sad PJ5 I would have sprung for #4311 this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please someone friendly buy it who will sell it to me in a year or two....

Mike Tobias used to have an acoustic guitar he built with a finish that had a similar ancient weathered look to it, but I was never able to inspire him to build me a bass with the same look.

Aloha,

Jonathan

20. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    That spalted top is what I ordered about a month ago. A 5-24 with the finish as per #4242 with a black headstock. I just cant wait.... I need help! :hyper: