Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought another new SADOWSKY! Warning EXTREME GAS ahead!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tommixx, Apr 6, 2005.

1. So I got my new Ultra Vintage Sadowsky on last Friday and have barely put it down since....LOVE this bass, it ooozes that 70's vibe, BUT, I came home, checked email - BAM Sadowsky instock update notice, click the link, hit the site and here it is:

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/4288.html

THAT is what I REALLY wanted when I got the Ultra Vintage - A NYC PJ with a P body!!!!!! Immediately picked up the phone, called Kevin, and........noone had bit yet!!!!!! :hyper: :D SHE IS MINE!!! :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :D :D :D

I am sending back the 70's Ultra Vintage in case anybody wants to speak for her first (GREAT BASS and a Really cool case too!!) and should have this one by mid week next week!!! That PJ P is just too cool to pass up....THANK YOU KEVIN!!!

Reviews to follow of course!

Peace,

T

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Too cool. Play the heck out of it

Rob

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
  4. Congratulations. I was checking it out this morning. It's a beauty.

5. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Tommixx,
    You got it BAD, didnt know you could have a 'one night stand' with a bass.
    Peace, glad you are getting what you want....

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Your hooked arent you? :D thats great all the best with your new Sadowsky. :hyper: :bassist:

7. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Post pics of the Metro before you send it back! :smug:

8. that is such an awesome bass.
    im in shock :eek:

9. Can you send some pics on the Ultra Vintage?? also asking/ $$$?????

10. thats awesome :hyper: !! congrats

11. That neck is about as big as your check book i would assume :D
    Have fun with it!

12. Stunning! Congrats!!

Jeff

13. Thanks Guys!!

Unfortuantely, I just did manage to get the UV Metro shipped out to NYC today at the last minute.....the sooner it gets back, the sooner I get the PJ!!!! I did not have a chance to get any pics because my little girl killed my cam at her Birthday party a few weeks ago.....as luck would have it, I am headed to Raleigh tomorrow to hopefully get it fixed....

I have to tell ya Jeff, I ALMOST went for that spalted top J.....that is one sweet piece of wood too!!!!!! :bassist:

Peace,

T

14. I just saw that bass! Man, I wish I needed another jazz!

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe,

ready to join the PJ side? nice... thinkin' it'll punch like a mofo w/ that swampy body and P pickup. :cool:

16. :bawl: I WANT ONE!

By bday is in one week... if y'all all pitch in... y'all can get me a sadowsky vintage P! you know you want too :) :bassist:

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

18. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

:eek:

I gots bass envy. :D

19. That aged looking spalted top JJ5 4311 and the similar #4242 4 string that sold recently are the prettiest finishes I've seen on a Fender style bass.

If I hadn't just bought my Sad PJ5 I would have sprung for #4311 this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please someone friendly buy it who will sell it to me in a year or two....

Mike Tobias used to have an acoustic guitar he built with a finish that had a similar ancient weathered look to it, but I was never able to inspire him to build me a bass with the same look.

Aloha,

Jonathan

20. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    That spalted top is what I ordered about a month ago. A 5-24 with the finish as per #4242 with a black headstock. I just cant wait.... I need help! :hyper: